PDA

View Full Version : Another UPGRADE!!!

dk17hmr
08-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Wow was I shocked when my mom and dad came home early from their vaction....lol...I figured they would roll in tonight giving me enough time to pick up all the beer cans and to kick all my buddies out....that was a joke.

Ok down to serious business. My parents brought home an electric Saece bottom pour that was gifted to me from a good friend that lives in Montana, probably one of his old spare pots it has a little surface rust nothing big. But I plugged it in threw in some WW ingots I had made up just to make sure I knew how it works. Sure enough I got the ingot melted and it was a no go for the bottom pour. My dad happend to walk by and ask if it was working I said it melted but she aint pouring, he grabbed some stainless steal wire and stuck it in the spout I lifted the lever and after some tinkering we had it.

This is going to be great I wont be using that expensive gas up anymore in my Coleman, although I will still have it on standby. I reckon it will keep the temp more regulated better then the camp stove.

Dad also stopped at a few shooting ranges to shoot with other friend of the west and brought me home about 20 pounds of range scrap and one of the friends has a family member that has bees which resulted in about 3 pounds of beeswax, which will really last a long time I reckon.

kodiak1
08-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Scrounging is good better yet when your family and friends help you do it.
Beeswax you should be good for quite a while, Lead well time will tell as to how often you get out to the range.
The pot hell that is just super.
Ken

nvbirdman
08-19-2006, 10:38 PM
I hope your furnace does as well for you as mine does for me. I started casting with a Saeco bottom pour thirty-five years ago and I'm still using it. I bought it at a garage sale and I paid a whopping fifteen bucks for it, but I think I've gotten my moneys worth out of it.