PDA

View Full Version : New Custom 30 Cal. Machine Gun Mold

Calamity Jake
08-19-2006, 05:45 PM
I started to put this in group buy forum but thought it was best here.
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
A good example of what happens when you don't get the mold closed

http://photos.gunloads.com/images/CalamityJake/30calmachinegunmold.jpg

SharpsShooter
08-19-2006, 05:49 PM
I have not yet managed to do that with anything more than a 2 cavity mould. You are showing off :mrgreen:

Sell it on Ebay as abstract art and make a killing.

SS

Shepherd2
08-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Jake, You've got me beat. The best I've ever done is 4.

steveb
08-21-2006, 12:03 AM
That remids me of that Jimmy Buffet tune. Ya got fins to the left, fins to the right:-D

Hey SharpsShooter, here is a rare vintage lead abstract piece I could sell on ebay![smilie=1:

The LeeMona La Drippa
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/steveb3006/abstract1.jpg

versifier
08-21-2006, 12:51 AM
Don't ask....[smilie=1:

Four Fingers of Death
08-21-2006, 07:04 AM
Maybe you should put a sinker mould under the spout, :-) mick.

Calamity Jake
08-21-2006, 08:49 AM
I've had drippage under my pots, but nothing like versifier has. Bet that was fun to get off of the mold guide!!!!

I've had this laying around for about 6 months, finaly bought a digital camera just so I could post some pics+the wife wanted one.

Never did figure out what I got between the mold halfs to keep it from closing, all 6 cavs were attached at one time.

SharpsShooter
08-21-2006, 09:39 AM
That remids me of that Jimmy Buffet tune. Ya got fins to the left, fins to the right:-D

Hey SharpsShooter, here is a rare vintage lead abstract piece I could sell on ebay![smilie=1:

The LeeMona La Drippa
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/steveb3006/abstract1.jpg

I've mada a few of those,but that one is right purty.:mrgreen:

SS

versifier
08-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Actually, I had emptied the pot at a previous session and had not made sure that the spout was plugged. I filled it up with ingots, fired it up, and retired to the smallest room in the house to catch up on my reading. That's what I saw when I returned. It took about an hour to mostly free the mould guides with a propane torch. Then I was able to disassemble the whole thing and remove the alloy with hacksaw and chisel. Time lost: 2 hours of dubbing and a day of casting prevented. Live and learn. :drinks:

shooter575
08-21-2006, 01:53 PM
I read about some fellow that used WW to pour down big anthills.Dug them up and sold then at art fairs to make big bucks.They had a picture of one.Neet looking tree thingy.They didnt mention anything about the poor working ants though!

Herb in Pa
08-21-2006, 04:26 PM
I read about some fellow that used WW to pour down big anthills.Dug them up and sold then at art fairs to make big bucks.They had a picture of one.Neet looking tree thingy.They didnt mention anything about the poor working ants though!

Would have been even more interesting if there was moisture in the tunnels[smilie=w: