PDA

View Full Version : Getting low...

armoredman
06-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Now that I have a more comfrtable casting setup, and a good reason to cast, I noticed I might get low on alloy here before too very long...

Is there anyone who sells wheel weight ingots? I don't smelt yet, no place for that or supply of lead out here. Looking to buy some in the future, if possible.

kbstenberg
06-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Look for a thread by Captain. She does if semmiprofesionally. Verry profesionall, an informative.
kevin

geargnasher
06-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Look up The Captain in the VS section, truly a five-star individual. Also Muddy Creek Sam is selling Isotope lead from time to time, he's also a VS and lists his wares in the Swappin'/Sellin' forum, where other trusted members sell as well.

Then there are our banner sponsors Rotometals and Leadandbrass.com, I've done business with both and they are fine. Pete at L&B does group buys periodically, as does Blammer and a few others.

Gear

geargnasher
06-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Look for a thread by Captain. She does if semmiprofesionally. Verry profesionall, an informative.
kevin

Man, I gotta learn to type faster!! :kidding:

Glad you agree about Kathie.

Gear

DukeInFlorida
06-30-2010, 09:38 PM
I have more (ww ingots) than I would ever use. I'm also going to be offering up some of the pure lead ingots, from that sailboat keel we're processing.

Get me a PM, and let me know how much you might be looking for. Perhaps we could work something out.

Now that I have a more comfrtable casting setup, and a good reason to cast, I noticed I might get low on alloy here before too very long...

Is there anyone who sells wheel weight ingots? I don't smelt yet, no place for that or supply of lead out here. Looking to buy some in the future, if possible.

armoredman
06-30-2010, 10:49 PM
PM sent, you guys rock. I am very small volume, that's for certain, 100-200 at a time, max, 2 cavity moulds only, though some day I wouldn't mind trying a 6 cavity. Just not yet. :)
Thank you for the replies!