PDA

View Full Version : Remington 722 Bolt

StrawHat
06-29-2010, 07:43 AM
I started to ask this in NSP64s thread but decided not to hijack it.

Does anyone have a bolt for the 722? I have the rifle and the ex has the bolt![smilie=b: I have already tried the usual parts houses to no avail.

Or is the 700 short action bolt adaptable?

Thanks

DLCTEX
06-29-2010, 08:55 AM
It will have to be caliber specific and will have to be fitted (headspaced) to the rifle, which will involve removing the barrel. It may be worthwhile offering the ex enough cash to get the original. Money talks even to exes.

bohica2xo
06-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Seen this one a time or two...

Just send the rifle back to Remington for repair. They will not sell a bolt due to headspace concerns, but they are happy to install one for you.

Since they are the MFG, you can ship directly to them - and they ship it back to you.

Call them at 1-877-387-6691 to double check shipping info, it was:

Remington Arms Company, Inc.
Ilion Firearms Plant
Attention: Repairs
14 Hoefler Avenue
Ilion, NY 13357

Last time I needed to do this.

B.

John Taylor
07-02-2010, 10:33 AM
PTG make Remington bolts, http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/products/parts/remington.htm#bolts

flounderman
07-02-2010, 11:49 AM
if you can buy the bolt back from the ex for 100 dollars, it would be cheap. the only way you would find one would be if someone changed a magnum to a standard. I bought a short action one for about 200 on ebay a few years ago. silver hill, somewhere in north carolina at one time sold guns a piece at a time. look on the internet for him. remington makes 3 sizes. the model 7 doesn't fit the short action, it's different