PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know What This Is?

StarMetal
08-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Fellows, I got this with some reloading equipment, anyone know what it is?

Thanks
Joe

R.M.
08-18-2006, 11:54 AM
It reminds me of a Top Punch Holder for a Star Lubrisizer.

R.M.

Junior1942
08-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Looks like a Lee trimmer lock stud with a handle added.

Swagerman
08-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Just guessing here, might be a cartridge brass holder to stick in a lathe jaws, the set screw to hold it in place while turning operations are in effect.

Maybe the innovator wanted to trim down the brass rims on some caliber cartridge brass.

Jim

Dye
08-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Fellows, I got this with some reloading equipment, anyone know what it is?

Thanks
Joe

Junior is right, it is a Lee case trimmer holder that somebody added a extension to give more leverage to trim cases by hand

Be carefull Dye

Bullshop
08-18-2006, 01:08 PM
The top black part is half of a Lee shell holder for thier hand case trimmer. The bottom silver part I am guessing is a home made addapter to increase diameter for better grip when turning by hand.
BIC/BS

StarMetal
08-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks guys, it came with some other Lee stuff. I don't need, but won't throw it away.

Joe

bruce drake
08-18-2006, 05:18 PM
I take my Lee Shell Holder an chuck it into my cordless drill. no more blisters on the fingertips.

Before that I used to slip into a metric socket in from my socket set and let the socket wrench turn the rig. click, click, click, click-- trimmed. Usually only took a few turns of the wrench to trim the case down.

Bruce

KYCaster
08-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Looks to me like Junior was first with the right answer by at least half an hour. I think you should send him the shell holder as first prize, Joe. :mrgreen: Seems like the right thing to do!!!!

Jerry

PS....I wonder what I'll get for fifth place?[smilie=1:

Four Fingers of Death
08-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Looks like a computer speaker with something on top, lol Mick.

StarMetal
08-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Looks to me like Junior was first with the right answer by at least half an hour. I think you should send him the shell holder as first prize, Joe. :mrgreen: Seems like the right thing to do!!!!

Jerry

PS....I wonder what I'll get for fifth place?[smilie=1:

Jerry,

You cover postage and it's yours

Joe

StarMetal
08-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Well since you fellows were so good with the last item, here's 3 pictures of another item. Just guessing (since the last item was a Lee part) this thing is probably a Lee part too. Here it is:

Newtire
08-19-2006, 09:11 AM
That's a toggle link pin for a turbo-encabulator wane-shaft bushing extractor.

montana_charlie
08-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Even if I knew what it is - I wouldn't say...'cuz I don't want to win it - and end up owning it for the price of the postage.

But...do you have any guns you'd like to have identified???
CM

Junior1942
08-19-2006, 12:10 PM
That's a doohickey. There's supposed to be a thingamabob on one end used to attach it to a whatchamacallit. Those things are everywhere.

StarMetal
08-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Junior,

You want that lee trimmer part? If so pm me your address.

Joe

Biggred
08-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Hello all, newbie here just readin' all the good info before I melt my first pot of WW. That long part you got there is called a "display barrel" and its for an UZI. Can't tell the cal., but I suspect they are all the same anyway. Can't really use it, but it might win you some cold drinks in a guessin game with your neighbors! Looking forward to learning all I can.

StarMetal
08-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Biggred,

Thank you sir and I believe you are right and I'll tell you why. With all the stuff I got, there was a 16 inch UZI barrel. I'll bet the person had one of those legal 16 inch carbine UZI and he used that device you described for display.

I'm impressed, you fellows are good.

Joe

jhalcott
08-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Hey Star, if no one else wants that lee trimmer base I do? I've drilled a dimple into mine. Fifteen years of trimming brass wore the base out but the stems are still good. I was looking on M/way for one yesterday.

StarMetal
08-19-2006, 03:58 PM
jhalcott,

Pm me your address and I'll get it out to you.

Joe

georgeld
08-24-2006, 02:40 AM
Bruce and others:

IF you use these Lee shell holders, the best way to set them up is to cut a 4" piece of steel tube, flat or etc. Drill a 1/4" hole about 3/8" from one end and spot weld the base pin of the stud on the bottom.

THen chuck the cutter and pin in the drill/drill press and go to work trimming. I've trimmed over 400 case's one step per hour many times. Then chuck the Lyman, or RCBS chamfer tool in the press and do another step.

Works great this way with large batch's of brass the way I work 'em.

GooseGestapo
08-29-2006, 05:53 AM
If you remove the set screw from the base on the Lee case holder plug, you'll find it has a hex stud, that can be used in a hand drill. Greatly expedites case trimming.

Got several of them. About $4 with cutter from Midway. I find that I wear out the cutters, before the base.

To drill a hole in them, you must be using a drill for reaming flash holes.
BTDT too!