PDA

View Full Version : Sizers all

GOPHER SLAYER
06-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Do I have the sizer problem covered or what? In use,I prefer the SAECO, actually it's a Cramer. The dies are more expensive and so is the top punch. It is not too difficult to make a nose punch but the dies are another matter. I have made two dies for this sizer and I would not want to make them for a living. This sizer is more solid and it doesn't have the wobble the others have. I keep a .458 die in it for the 45.70.

WallyM3
06-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Way too many!

I'll PM my address to lighten your load.

GOPHER SLAYER
06-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Wallym, after my visit to Painless Parker tomorrow I may be shedding a lot more than sizers.

dragonrider
06-27-2010, 09:39 PM
If you don't have one for every caliber, you don't have enough.

WallyM3
06-27-2010, 09:57 PM
GOPHER, you can always sell blood. That's what it's felt like here recently. And my wife had the extraction done and awaits the funds for the bridge ($3,500). Anybody wanna buy a bridge over the East River?

But seriously, they usually can make a reasonable accommodation.

GOPHER SLAYER
06-27-2010, 10:28 PM
I am getting more depressed by the minute. I am thinking of hiding under the bed.

WallyM3
06-27-2010, 10:35 PM
I hate to spend money on seemingly useless things like a couple of busted teeth or that colonoscopy I put off for 7 years that I had to pay full freight for. But the alternative is not living long enough to need this sort of maintenance.

Like I said, negotiate terms and it'll be less painful.

I saw my wife through 9 months of Leukemia. Makes my problems look like a hang nail.

That bill was something like $300,000.

HeavyMetal
06-28-2010, 12:56 AM
I'd liquidate those Lyman museum pieces and fund me a new Star plus have money left over for a few bills.

The Saeco is a keeper! It, or a clone like the Herter's, are the only push pull sizers I'd keep!

With a Star your production will triple and, with nose sized boolits, you will see an accuracy increase as well!

wallenba
07-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Sizer fetish?

Buckshot
07-06-2010, 01:32 AM
............Naw he has security issues. Comes from being born in Missouri and not knowing his daddy [smilie=w: He has a pickup truck's worth of brass in 5 gallon buckets behind his storage shed, but when we go to the range it takes him an hour to begin shooting. He has to pick up every boxer primed piece of brass lying there on the ground. Then he tells me how sick he is for doing it, but it's the same every time. :veryconfu

It's quite troubleing as trying to have a conversation with him, he has you talking to his back pockets as you follow along behind him. BTW, the fact that he has all those sizers out of his shed could mean he has been cleaning up? I'm just saying, as I don't really believe it. He isn't happy sizing boolits unless he has one leg in a box full of old battery-less cordless drills, the other draped over a moterless air compressor, all the while leaning over a barrel of old fan belts he'd picked up at a garage sale. Amen.

................Buckshot

94Doug
07-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Now you need to expand this for Lube as well.

Doug

Coffeecup
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
He isn't happy sizing boolits unless he has one leg in a box full of old battery-less cordless drills, the other draped over a moterless air compressor, all the while leaning over a barrel of old fan belts he'd picked up at a garage sale. Amen.

................Buckshot
Sounds perfectly normal to me.

MtGun44
07-09-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm thinking that this a case of

LUBRISIZER HOARDING !!!

You may get a call from the Lubrisizer Fairness Police, a recently formed Federal
agency under Obama's administration.

Bill

Doby45
07-12-2010, 11:38 PM
YHEA! We need to "redistribute" those sizers to more "needy" folks. You aught to be ashamed of yourself..