PDA

View Full Version : Unreal deal on Gunshow Once Fired Brass

jh45gun
06-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Went to a gun show today some guys at a table were selling Once Fired Cleaned and Sorted by Brand Brass some pistol and some rifle for 5 bucks a bag of 50 pieces. So I bought a hundred rounds of RP 30/06 (two bags) for ten bucks. Here is the Kicker for each bag of brass you bought they GAVE you a bag of cleaned and sorted by brand 30/30 brass FREE! SO I got two bags of Winchester brass free on the deal so that equals 5 cents apiece for the brass. Considering it was at a gun show I figure that was a pretty good deal. Only other thing I bought was a plastic 50 round ammo box for 45/70 for 3 bucks which I suspect is an average price everywhere but it was there and so was I. :)

hoosierlogger
06-26-2010, 03:53 PM
I wonder why they had so much 30-30 brass. Good deal none the less.

jh45gun
06-26-2010, 04:33 PM
I wonder why they had so much 30-30 brass. Good deal none the less.

Around here WI and MN a lot of folks still use them and I think a lot of guys do not reload as 30/30 ammo is cheaper than most calibers or at least it used to be. A few years ago you could buy a box of 20 on sale for 7.99 a box. Not sure what it goes for now as I reload and shoot cast in mine I have not bought any factory rounds since the price of ammo has gone up. Just looked the price has doubled but even so I think a lot of guys do not reload for 30/30 and leave the brass lay at shooting ranges. So compared to some calibers its a lot more common. I did not ask I just took the deal and called it good.

hoosierlogger
06-26-2010, 04:38 PM
I see. Here where I live 30-30 is not a legal cartridge for hunting. So if I find any of it left at the range it makes my day. The factory loads arent real expensive here either. I just got me a mold for 30-30 and have about 300 once fired cases.

uscra112
06-26-2010, 09:58 PM
.30-30 not legal !?! ?!

Oh, maybe you in a shotgun-only area? The bane of my existence - I retired to a shotgun-only area, although I can use a handgun with a straightwall cartridge. And I will. ANYTHING to not use a shotgun!

Hardcast416taylor
06-26-2010, 10:34 PM
A few months back at an estate sale for reloading "stuff" I saw 3 full 5 gallon pails of clean and polished .30-30 brass. They were asking $7.50 per hundred! As I only had $30 left, retired you know, I said I would take 400 cases. The widow insisted I take 500 as I had bought other supplies she was selling.Robert

Charlie Sometimes
06-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Around here WI and MN a lot of folks still use them and I think a lot of guys do not reload as 30/30 ammo is cheaper than most calibers or at least it used to be. A few years ago you could buy a box of 20 on sale for 7.99 a box. Not sure what it goes for now as I reload and shoot cast in mine I have not bought any factory rounds since the price of ammo has gone up. Just looked the price has doubled but even so I think a lot of guys do not reload for 30/30 and leave the brass lay at shooting ranges. So compared to some calibers its a lot more common. I did not ask I just took the deal and called it good.

Exactly as described here in WV. :smile:
Although last year a box of 30-30 was nearly $16 or better, depending on where you were buying it. :veryconfu
Not me, I do what you do, and get my neighbors brass! :bigsmyl2:
They don't waste it as much when it costs double! :sad:

hoosierlogger
06-26-2010, 10:47 PM
.30-30 not legal !?! ?!

Oh, maybe you in a shotgun-only area? The bane of my existence - I retired to a shotgun-only area, although I can use a handgun with a straightwall cartridge. And I will. ANYTHING to not use a shotgun!

We can use pistol caliber rifles, but not high powered rifles. They allow inline muzzle loaders that can shoot farther than a 30-30. How much sense does that make?

I guess you have to draw the line some where.

cajun shooter
06-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Have you checked all the dimensions? Maybe that it is bad and some employee took it out the plant. A few years back I bought some 357 nickel brass that looked great but found out it had been used to fire test loads that would blow a normal revolver. After one firing I had many of them split. I put the rest in the bayou so they could not be used again.

qajaq59
06-27-2010, 10:12 AM
How much sense does that make? None..... But that's pretty normal these days.

jh45gun
06-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Have you checked all the dimensions? Maybe that it is bad and some employee took it out the plant. A few years back I bought some 357 nickel brass that looked great but found out it had been used to fire test loads that would blow a normal revolver. After one firing I had many of them split. I put the rest in the bayou so they could not be used again.

This is range brass