PDA

View Full Version : Problems at GunPal/Gpal

S.R.Custom
06-25-2010, 11:57 AM
I used to be a strong supporter of this enterprise... But no longer. Use appropriate caution. (My experience is noted at the following link.)

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=312316

NSP64
06-27-2010, 05:35 PM
I could mail a MO in 7-10 days. So there is no advantage there. I won't use money transfer service since I got screwed by some one on Evil bay (paypal).

S.R.Custom
06-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Funds posted this morning, after a full week. (whew!)

One of GPal's banking partners has failed to transfer funds as required under their contract with us, then lied to us about resolving the problem.

This statement, addressing the widely reported problem of withdrawal funds being delayed --in some cases for several weeks-- made me very nervous. In its worst light, Ben's statement sounds like BS, and at its best, it sounds like they're doing business with the National Bank of Venezuela. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-28-2010, 02:17 PM
I have signed up for gunpal (now GPal) but have not used their services yet, but it sounds like the way you need to treat them is if a buyer want's to use their service to send you money . . . that you wait for it to clear to you bank account, just like a personal check, one might be faster than the other!:mrgreen:

S.R.Custom
06-28-2010, 11:19 PM
...it sounds like the way you need to treat them is if a buyer want's to use their service to send you money . . . that you wait for it to clear to you bank account, just like a personal check...

Excellent idea! That's exactly how I'm going to do it.... :D

257 Shooter
06-28-2010, 11:49 PM
It is so amazing how many great ideas get suggested on this board. Way to go you two!

Changeling
06-29-2010, 02:03 PM
If you quit using these people what have you lost, NOTHING. If you keep using what could you lose, possibly everything in your account!

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Well . . . If one does it the way I suggested . . . the most you could lose is your time checking to see if they deposited your money in your account! Once your money is in your account . . . then you send out what the buyer wants . . . for small business owners it is hard to be able to take cc's, and some frown on gun stuff!

[smilie=s:

geargnasher
06-29-2010, 04:32 PM
If you quit using these people what have you lost, NOTHING. If you keep using what could you lose, possibly everything in your account!

+1, especially PayPal. Folks don't make the mental connection that when you pay 3% or whatever for using their service, some of that money goes to support anti-gun lobbying. If you buy a $2000 shotgun and even 5% of the 3% fee goes to the antis, it's more than the NRA nets from an annual membership fee. Ask yourselves which side you're on when you just gotta buy it NOW.

Gear

buck1
06-30-2010, 09:01 PM
It may take them a bit of time to get things worked out. I think in the end it will be a good company for the pro gunners....Buck

Balade41
07-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Gents, I am the process of buying a taller front sight for my 96/11 from GUISAN, whom is really a person from Belgium (Frank) that will not accept MO's. He suggested that I use a transfer agent like PayPal and I am leery of using them. Any suggestions?

Changeling
07-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Well,it's your money do as you wish. Good luck, you'll need it.

Recluse
07-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Gents, I am the process of buying a taller front sight for my 96/11 from GUISAN, whom is really a person from Belgium (Frank) that will not accept MO's. He suggested that I use a transfer agent like PayPal and I am leery of using them. Any suggestions?

I try real hard NOT to do business with anyone from overseas who I do not already or personally know. If/when I have to, I use a credit-card. If the person doesn't accept them and doesn't accept money orders, the way I see it is that I have no reason to do business with them.

Gunpal needs to get their stuff together. I have not tried them, and I doubt if I will ever grace their cyber doorstep anytime soon given the responses to incidents I've been reading.

They need to have a $50K or $100K collateral fund that transfers the funds/amounts immediately rather than waiting on shaky and shady banks to do it in two to three days--or longer, as it seems now.

:coffee:

Frozone
07-02-2010, 12:32 AM
+1, especially PayPal. Folks don't make the mental connection that when you pay 3% or whatever for using their service, some of that money goes to support anti-gun lobbying. If you buy a $2000 shotgun and even 5% of the 3% fee goes to the antis, it's more than the NRA nets from an annual membership fee. Ask yourselves which side you're on when you just gotta buy it NOW.

Gear

From a website (http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6349&PID=61700)
It only addresses 2006 but the newer data should be available, eh.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ebay has a PAC for contributing to politicians. You can go on to OpenSecrets.org and look at political donations above $200 that have been reported to the FEC. They have each and every politician that Ebay PAC has donated to. I then found the candidates NRA ratings either at the NRA or at http://www.issues2002.org/ (a few I had to google for)

Let's look forward. For the 2006 election cycle, so far Ebay PAC has donated to:

66% GOP 34% DNC

House
Boucher, Rick (D-VA) NRA A+ rating
Cannon, Chris (R-UT) NRA A+ rating
Cooper, Jim (D-TN) NRA B- rating
Cubin, Barbara (R-WY) NRA A+ rating
Dreier, David (R-CA) NRA A rating
Eshoo, Anna (D-CA) NRA F rating (Ebay's HQ is in Eshoo's district)
Feeney, Tom (R-FL) NRA A+ rating
Fortenberry, Jeffrey Lane (R-NE) NRA A rating
Hart, Melissa (R-PA) NRA A rating
Lofgren, Zoe (D-CA) NRA F rating
Matheson, Jim (D-UT) NRA A rating
Northup, Anne M (R-KY) NRA A rating
Pickering, Charles Jr (R-MS) NRA A+ rating
Smith, Adam (D-WA) NRA B rating
Terry, Lee (R-NE) NRA A rating
Towns, Edolphus (D-NY) NRA F rating
Upton, Fred (R-MI) NRA B rating

Senate

Cornyn, John (R-TX) NRA A rating
Ensign, John (R-NV) NRA A rating
Hagel, Chuck (R-NE) NRA A rating
Hutchison, Kay Bailey (R-TX) NRA life member (can't find NRA rating)
Nelson, Ben (D-NE) NRA A rating

So on the whole, Ebay PAC has been donating to pro-gun candidates in the 2006 election cycle at a very high rate. For a company that has nothing to do with the gun industry, I'd say that their funded candidates are remarkably pro-gun and the overall pattern of their donations do not begin to demonstrate an anti-gun corporate bias.

No, I didn't look at past cycles because frankly, I don't have the time. In 2004, they had a similar 2:1 GOP:DNC contribution ratio. But I'm less concerned with the past than I am with the present and future. Honestly, I like what I see and until proven otherwise call bullsh*t on anyone who says Ebay/Paypal are anti-gun.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least in 2006 it doesn't look like they are all that antigun.

WallyM3
07-02-2010, 12:33 AM
In a few transactions both buying and selling on AA, about $3,000 (IIRC) got transferred pretty much seamlessly and without delay, via GP for me.

There was a suggestion, and not just a speculative and idle musing, that there might be some sabotage aimed at GP.

There are very few folks who don't use some sort of electronic transfer system to exchange funds. Pension payments, credit and debit card x-fers, Social Security, etc. Maybe fewer here since his is an about average intelligence group. [smilie=1:

The only one of these that has put their collective head on the chopping block for the sake of gun buyers and sellers is GPal.

Based on what I hear on the various sites, that is precisely the group that will kill it. Ben Cannon had a great idea, and by definition he has to use a x-fer agent that has an no-gun policy because that's all there is out there.

Interesting business dilemma, isn't it?

WallyM3
07-02-2010, 12:43 AM
Frozone, the anti-gun administration at eBay came in with Meg Whitman. I don't recall just when she implemented those policies, but they were absolute and draconian for anyone selling certain defined gun related items.

Dear Ole Meg had her sights set on a career in politics in Kalifornia, and is pretty much a weather vane, though a pseudo-Republican.

2006 is ancient history on this issue when it comes to eBay/PayPal.

Over the last 2½ years, I've done about 5,000 transactions on eBay. I know from whence I speak.

Recluse
07-02-2010, 12:45 AM
The only one of these that has put their collective head on the chopping block for the sake of gun buyers and sellers is GPal.

Based on what I hear on the various sites, that is precisely the group that will kill it. Ben Cannon had a great idea, and by definition he has to use a x-fer agent that has an no-gun policy because that's all there is out there.

Interesting business dilemma, isn't it?

Interesting business dilemma, yes. Interesting business model, no.

Gun-owners are by and large a forgiving bunch, until you beat us over the head to prove otherwise. Then you're hosed.

Had I any interest in this type of business, I'd establish a $50K escrow account within the same bank/financial institution that my incoming/outgoing funds account was at. For the purposes of transfer, that money would go into a generic business LLC account, whose description would be "consulting and services" or something else mildly generic. The funds for gun-related business would be in the escrow account, from which I could transfer funds to and from freely and instantaenously to the transfer accounts.

Joe Blow sends S.R. Custom $1000 for a job via ReclusePal, then I take $1000 from my escrow and have it transferred to S.R. Custom's account. When the transferring bank that took Joe Blow's money completes the transfer, it goes into my escrow account.

The minute I send the transfer funds from my ReclusePal account into the account for outgoing funds, I send an electronic mail message to the recipient confirming the transfer has been sent and debited to my account.

Any problems there, it goes solely on the transferring bank's shoulders and for which I'd raise hell with the FDIC and FTC for delayed action or non-response.

Instead, it sounds like GunPal at present can't pay a business until they receive funds from the buyer--and vice versa. When transfers get delayed or SNAFU'd, everyone gets fornicated.

No way to run a business.

WallyM3
07-02-2010, 01:01 AM
I'm not sure escrow accounts can be used that way, at least not in the funds x-fer business.

And escrow accounts can not be filled and emptied on a fungible basis. Well, for some things, yes. Officers of the court use them that way, sometimes. That a/c must be set up for a transaction and devoted to its purpose and intent.

Leastwise, that was my understanding of it some years ago.

VISA, MC, AMEX, etc., don't use escrow accounts because they're entirely unworkable for the purpose.

Now, someone will quite rightly point out that the above mentioned CC orgs aren't start-ups. I need to check this out, but I don't think PP used escrow when thy started up, either. Until eBay bought them, they were a privately held company, so the information may not have been promulgated.

I guess I gotta say that those who are skeptical of GPal's motives or competence have evidence to make the case. It looks bad. But if GP fails, you can bet that all the gun forum bashing will be used politically.

Frozone
07-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Frozone, the anti-gun administration at eBay came in with Meg Whitman. I don't recall just when she implemented those policies, but they were absolute and draconian for anyone selling certain defined gun related items.

Dear Ole Meg had her sights set on a career in politics in Kalifornia, and is pretty much a weather vane, though a pseudo-Republican.

2006 is ancient history on this issue when it comes to eBay/PayPal.

Over the last 2½ years, I've done about 5,000 transactions on eBay. I know from whence I speak.

Even doing 1,000,000 transactions doesn't make you an expert on internal company motives.
I've been using Ebay since before 1998 and I've seen no evidence of anything other than a smart business decision, It's far cheaper to avoid lawsuits that fight them.

I did find the donations swinging to the Dems in 2008, by a significant margin. It's a little more balanced in 2010. I may look up the NRA ratings just to see, but I doubt I really care that much. A quick glance gives the impression that Ebay PAC blows with the wind. They give money to the (likely) winners, again a smart business move.

Adam10mm
07-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Many banks will allow a subaccount. This is attached to the business's main account but any debits from it are solely and entirely manual. I had one set up for my business (which is now drained unfortunately). That was my emergency fund. Normal business transactions would come and go into the main account but if something needed attention right and proper, the money from the subaccount was deposited into the main account then sent off on its way. As a tiny business, I figured $500 would be enough in the subaccount but I learned several lessons over that's not exactly the case with my business plan.

It's a disaster on the horizon when you are handling more money than you can back up with cash. Having a product versus service type business it's harder, but even more necessary. For every dollar that's being transfered, there should be a dollar in a reserve fund, like Recluse stated, to cover it.

Recluse
07-02-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm not sure escrow accounts can be used that way, at least not in the funds x-fer business.

I used the word "escrow" simply as a descriptor to make the concept easier to understand. A more apt or accurate term would be "guarantor" account.

We've had one of these for years in our personal business. We make arrangements for client to purchase "x y and z services" for such and such price. Close the deal, ink the contract and as the ink is drying, we pay the service providers out of the guarantor account.

When client's money hits our accounts-receivable account, we transfer it (it's in the same bank) to the guarantor account to replace the funds expended.

In addition, there is more money coming in than what went out since we charge in order to make a profit.

The profit is then transferred to our primary business account so that the guarantor account stays at an average, consistent balance at all times.

But you have to put up your own money first to do this.

I still contend if Gunpal had done this, there would not be the negative horror stories going around that are.

S.R.Custom
07-02-2010, 02:00 AM
...So on the whole, Ebay PAC has been donating to pro-gun candidates in the 2006 election cycle at a very high rate. For a company that has nothing to do with the gun industry, I'd say that their funded candidates are remarkably pro-gun and the overall pattern of their donations do not begin to demonstrate an anti-gun corporate bias.

Like you say, Ebay has no stake in the gun game. If I had to guess at motives, I'd say that ebay donated to pro-business candidates. The fact that those candidates were/are by and large pro-gun is coincidental.

PatMarlin
07-02-2010, 02:14 AM
I decided to wait while some folks suggest I set up GunPal. I think I'll still hang in wait and see mode.

PayPal is by far the safest way to handle online transactions now. Much safer than a credit card as the company taking your card is only as good as the people running it. I've taken several thousand credit card transactions over the years with other business. If I was a crook, I could wreak havoc..

WallyM3
07-02-2010, 06:39 AM
Fair enough.

I'm goin' fishin'.

PatMarlin
07-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Me too.

I'm finally getting to put my boat in the deep blue "oil free" Pacific Ocean this month and hunt some Salmon after a 3 year closed season. Hooooray!

leadman
07-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Been waiting since July 8 for the funds to be deposited in my checking account. Not very happy with GPal now.

PatMarlin
07-16-2010, 04:07 PM
I was reading on an other forum recently- folks are filing a lot of complaints with the FTC.

kywoodwrkr
07-17-2010, 04:56 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=201

leadman
07-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Did not get a response to my voicemail yesterday of my e-mail contact with GPal support.

I had an issue signing up and Support took care of it and the contact said to contact him again when I wanted to make a withdrawal so he could expedite it. No response from him either.
Looks like I will go back to money orders only.

S.R.Custom
07-17-2010, 05:49 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=201

Day-um! Sure is getting ugly over there!

Two things come to mind-- (1) It's exactly as Ben describes it, and they've got a real mess on their hands. Or (2), this is what a pyramid scheme looks like when it comes apart. I hope for everyone's sake it's just #1!

leadman
07-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Just got an e-mail from GPal stating they will issue checks for any withdrawls that did not happen. I requested one, we will see what happens.
In the mean time I have quit using GPal.

S.R.Custom
07-19-2010, 04:08 PM
They're stalling. That's not a good sign. I hope it works out for you soon.

cajun shooter
07-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Pat Marlin, First let me say that even though we have never met I think you are a nice guy. I also like your casting flux and it is all I use. Now that that is over please let me say that it pains me when I hear people on either coast refer to oil in the water. I love my state of Louisiana and she furnishes almost 40% of the oil and gas used by our nation. I grew up in our beautiful marsh area's that serve as nursery and life line to our great fisheries. To see them now will rip out your heart. I think that it is time for the people on both of our coast to allow drilling. This is not about you Pat but the West Coast does not mind voting down drilling and then pull up to a pump and fill up that vehicle. We have taken on all the problems that come with this for too long. We are people who enjoy the same as others. If you don't want drilling then you should have to pay the states that do so that you may take that drive. I love to fish our Gulf coast and we have lost that now and for how long to come is anybody's guess as I think BP will be the last to tell us the truth. Again it is your referral to fishing that made me post not you as a person.

PatMarlin
07-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Pat Marlin, First let me say that even though we have never met I think you are a nice guy. I also like your casting flux and it is all I use. Now that that is over please let me say that it pains me when I hear people on either coast refer to oil in the water. I love my state of Louisiana and she furnishes almost 40% of the oil and gas used by our nation. I grew up in our beautiful marsh area's that serve as nursery and life line to our great fisheries. To see them now will rip out your heart. I think that it is time for the people on both of our coast to allow drilling. This is not about you Pat but the West Coast does not mind voting down drilling and then pull up to a pump and fill up that vehicle. We have taken on all the problems that come with this for too long. We are people who enjoy the same as others. If you don't want drilling then you should have to pay the states that do so that you may take that drive. I love to fish our Gulf coast and we have lost that now and for how long to come is anybody's guess as I think BP will be the last to tell us the truth. Again it is your referral to fishing that made me post not you as a person.

My heart felt sympathy goes out to you as a fisherman. Also bad on the flip side is I have been banned from fishing salmon for 3 years. Not because of oil, but because of politics and liberal wackos. I meant nothing by the oil comment, aside from the fact that it's leaking in your area, and it's a damn shame we have a president that is explioting it for is own sick agenda. He should burn in hell when his time comes for what he has done.

Problem is a cause by a few, as RUSH put it yesterday- "The ruling class". We are all in this together.

Dannix
07-24-2010, 12:43 AM
P I think that it is time for the people on both of our coast to allow drilling. This is not about you Pat but the West Coast does not mind voting down drilling and then pull up to a pump and fill up that vehicle....
A big +1 on that one. It amazes me the 'enviros' are anti crude and coal...dude, it's organic, and then don't mind driving nickel cadmium cars. :? There's also the nice satisfaction of knowing every time you fill up from opec oil, your at least in part supporting muslim radicals that want to kill us all. I think I should learning Portuguese now. Brazil has energy figured out -- self-sufficiency .

From a website (http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6349&PID=61700)
It only addresses 2006 but the newer data should be available, eh.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ebay has a PAC for contributing to politicians. You can go on to OpenSecrets.org and look at political donations above $200 that have been reported to the FEC. They have each and every politician that Ebay PAC has donated to. I then found the candidates NRA ratings either at the NRA or at http://www.issues2002.org/ (a few I had to google for)

Let's look forward. For the 2006 election cycle, so far Ebay PAC has donated to:

66% GOP 34% DNC

House
Boucher, Rick (D-VA) NRA A+ rating
Cannon, Chris (R-UT) NRA A+ rating
Cooper, Jim (D-TN) NRA B- rating
Cubin, Barbara (R-WY) NRA A+ rating
Dreier, David (R-CA) NRA A rating
Eshoo, Anna (D-CA) NRA F rating (Ebay's HQ is in Eshoo's district)
Feeney, Tom (R-FL) NRA A+ rating
Fortenberry, Jeffrey Lane (R-NE) NRA A rating
Hart, Melissa (R-PA) NRA A rating
Lofgren, Zoe (D-CA) NRA F rating
Matheson, Jim (D-UT) NRA A rating
Northup, Anne M (R-KY) NRA A rating
Pickering, Charles Jr (R-MS) NRA A+ rating
Smith, Adam (D-WA) NRA B rating
Terry, Lee (R-NE) NRA A rating
Towns, Edolphus (D-NY) NRA F rating
Upton, Fred (R-MI) NRA B rating

Senate

Cornyn, John (R-TX) NRA A rating
Ensign, John (R-NV) NRA A rating
Hagel, Chuck (R-NE) NRA A rating
Hutchison, Kay Bailey (R-TX) NRA life member (can't find NRA rating)
Nelson, Ben (D-NE) NRA A rating

So on the whole, Ebay PAC has been donating to pro-gun candidates in the 2006 election cycle at a very high rate. For a company that has nothing to do with the gun industry, I'd say that their funded candidates are remarkably pro-gun and the overall pattern of their donations do not begin to demonstrate an anti-gun corporate bias.

No, I didn't look at past cycles because frankly, I don't have the time. In 2004, they had a similar 2:1 GOP:DNC contribution ratio. But I'm less concerned with the past than I am with the present and future. Honestly, I like what I see and until proven otherwise call bullsh*t on anyone who says Ebay/Paypal are anti-gun.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least in 2006 it doesn't look like they are all that antigun.

You need to look a bit farther down in that thread too though. I agree with the conclusion. (That said, I use paypal for every transaction I can online -- I don't like giving out credit card numbers to unknown sellers...much less cash or MO. It's also so incredibly convenient and if I go ahead and pay the "paypal tax" for the seller, like I would if I bought something here, it's similar to what I would pay for an MO anyway for the stuff I usually buy).

Quote by martin3175
***Message from Matt Halprin - New Listing Restrictions on Gun Parts***

July 30, 2007 | 10:00AM PST/PT

Matt Halprin

In mid-August, we will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc. Please read the Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy for more details on our current policy.

As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed on eBay.

After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team ? along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc. ? have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require.

This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our existing policies in other markets around the globe.

Sincerely,

Matt Halprin
Vice President, Trust & Safety

Not to beat on ebay anymore than has already been done, but this statement is clearly anti-gun and can't be perceived ANY other way.

leadman
07-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Still no check from GPal. Others on another forum are having the same experience.

Thought I would try some new technology so opened a GPal account. Had 4 or 5 transactions using it then decided I would transfer the funds. Guess I was too late.

Back to cash or money orders.

Dannix
07-24-2010, 11:03 PM
I read up about them a little bit. There may be more to it, certainly, but it really does seem like banks are being as difficult as possible in working with them.

Probably a really good idea changing their name to GPal and removing 'gun'. I'd say the best think they could do is start their own bank, but they may not have the money to make it happen and hire those with the knowhow to make it happen.

Dutchman
07-25-2010, 04:34 AM

Guisan is a Dutchman. I'm acquainted with him and would deal with him any day of the week for any thing. In other words, even though I don't know him in-the-flesh I can safely say I trust him. But then I'm a pretty trusting person and I ethnically discriminate for members of the *van* clan (Dutch names.. ).

Paypal - I got a commercial paypal account when they first started "Dutchman" is my account. Never had one single problem ever. I also don't leave thousands of dollars in my account. If it doesn't get spent it gets transferred to my checking account... but mostly it gets spent. I always give the option of payment via money order. About 30% will pay via money order.

As for Paypal/Ebay's political bent.. There are probably fellows on this forum who's ideas of life and such are so different than yours that you'd never associate with them outside this forum, let alone in-person. I *use* Paypal. Emphasis on USE. I use them. I use them for what I want, even for collecting funds for selling GUN STUFF like scope mounts that I make and sell. I use Paypal especially for those persons inside Ebay that hate guns. I use them for my own selfish needs. F'em if they can't take a joke ;).

Dutch

PatMarlin
07-25-2010, 11:35 AM
From one Dutchman to a other- I'm from the "Van Luven" clan, and I totally agree wth you Dutch.

We all use services and products from business's that we do not particularly like for one reason or another or share politcal views with. Sometimes you got to do a deal with the devil for a paycheck. USE them is a good description.

I think the whole PayPal thing is a silly argument for taking a stand on gun rights. Obama's our president, and I can't ship a handgun USPS, but should that stop me from using USPS shippng for my business? Of course not.

ben41
07-31-2010, 11:40 AM
GPal has not sent me my funds in over a month now. I asked for them to transfer my money to me 6/23/2010. I have not gotten it yet. They give all types of excuses but they all stink. Today I get e-mail saying I will be receiving a check in 48 hours. From what I hear that is just another delay. I have all the e-mails to support what I say if anyone would like to see them. I have filed with my Local police office, the BBB, The FTC, and the FBI I3C's, Am contacting the AG of TX. and Ca. on Monday. Please avoid using these people. They have LIED to me and like I said I have e-mail to prove it. In the e-mail they say that they are sorry and made a mistake. DO NOT DEAL with them! Fraud's
Ben41@aol.com
Thank you,
Ben
Semper-FI

PatMarlin
07-31-2010, 12:25 PM
That really sucks Ben. Hope it gets resolved soon.

At the very least Welcome to cast boolit heaven! ..:drinks:

Dannix
07-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Ben, I know you probably posted in somewhat of blind distress and anger, but I warn you, be careful around here....you may end up with Lead Addiction Syndrome. It's OK though. We're all still normal. I think. :mrgreen:

:cbpour:

GpalVP
08-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Hi guys,
I'd just like to let everyone know that we at Gpal are doing everything we can to resolve these problems, including finding forums like this and answering questions you may have. We have been swamped with service tickets and requests and we are making great progress through them. There was no scam, we had a banking issue and it was for the reasons many of you suggested already. We are working towards complete operational capacity again, and will soon be caught up with all of the payments requested.

If you appreciate your rights, and companies that support them, please stick with us. Gpal will succeed, and we would love to have all of you as customers in the future!

If you have any questions, please PM them to me. If they are about a specific service ticket, please include your ticket number and contact information in your pm.
Thank you

Blammer
08-02-2010, 04:17 PM
PM sent.

I await a reply.

Blammer
08-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Just recieved this via email from Gpal

Dear Mr. Steenwyk,
Your check will go out within 5 business days.

We will see.

m1abuff1975
09-26-2010, 06:19 PM
I recently purchased some items from a seller through gunbroker using gpal. We both received an email where the transaction was represented as completed. I received the items and he has not received the money. He wants to come after me for theft and fraud because I have the items and he does not have the money. Has anyone had a situation similar to this one? I certainly don't understand why I am responsible when gpal has not funded his account but took my funds.

WallyM3
09-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Can you provide him with documentation without disclosing account details? Show him he's barking up the wrong Defendant.

JesterGrin_1
09-26-2010, 06:25 PM
It is all Bad but here is the short thread on it. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=89122

S.R.Custom
09-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, I clicked on the link in my original post to see what was going on these days. It appears to be gone.

I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!

Blammer
09-27-2010, 06:15 PM
hmm, still no check or payment.

82nd airborne
09-27-2010, 08:56 PM
There should be one from me tomorrow or the next day in your mail box, if it makes you feel any better.