PDA

View Full Version : Browning T Bolt 22 long rifle

gray wolf
06-24-2010, 07:13 PM
These rifles are a little costly and can be had with a semi bull barrel.
They seem to be made quite well and the fit and finish is up to Brownings
standard.
What say you gents about the T bolt

twotoescharlie
06-24-2010, 08:14 PM
got one of the old ones, left handed model,pretty rifle, good shooter.

TTC

Char-Gar
06-24-2010, 10:29 PM
I have a 1971 vintage Belgian made T-Bolt. It is left handed with the better grade of wood. It is avery fine shooting rifle. I would think the new ones would be just as good.

Wayne Smith
06-24-2010, 10:39 PM
I have the new one in .22WMR and it is a very nice rifle. Likes the Hornaday ammo better than the exposed lead ammo. Light, tapered barrel, not a match gun.

captaint
06-26-2010, 01:32 AM
I have a 70's Belgian T bolt. Very nice gun. Bought is used and it is missing the rear peep sight. I know, good luck. So...I put a scope on it. Haven't shot it much, but when I did, it shot really well at 50 yds. Could use a little trigger work. enjoy Mike

pietro
06-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Me three. :drinks:

Count me in as an older/Belgian T-Bolt owner - a Deluxe T2 that shoots rediculously small groups if I do my part.

I looked over the Japanese-made new T-Bolt, but didn't care for the trick magazine, for one thing - and thought it pricey for another.

Heavy lead
06-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Way overpriced IMO, I'd buy two CZ's first. Don't get me wrong the ones I've handled in the shops are fine looking rifles, but between 600 and 800 dollars for a .22, don't think so.

MT Gianni
06-26-2010, 09:02 PM
As a kid in the 60's with Outdoor Life delivered to my door I wanted one in the worst way. I have shot a few Biathlon rifles and like the T straight pull function a lot. I would now find it hard pressed to get a 22 that would outshoot my CZ 452.

gray wolf
06-27-2010, 09:06 AM
I was taken into a large gun shop in N.H. and told to pick out a 22 rifle and scope by a good friend. Now how many 68 year olds get to do that. This was last year to the month.
I picked up and handled a lot of 22's. I found a Browning T-Bolt with the heavy barrel to be one nice looking rifle. It had a very nice figured walnut stock and the metal was finished and blued to a deep blue finish, fit to the wood was excellent.
I put a Nikon Monarch 2 1/2 X 10 X 42 scope on it, and it came home with me.
I was given an extra Mag. and Browning sent me another.
The best I can do on a regular basis at 25 yards off a bench and sand bags is a little less than 1/2 inch for 10 shots. This can be done over and over again.
I have only shot bulk ammo, can't afford the target ammo. It likes Remington golden the best so far, if you can believe that.
The mags have functioned without a problem in over 2,000 rounds, the bolt action has NEVER failed to function in any way.
With a 25 yard zero I can go up about 34 clicks on the scope and be on at a huned, back down and on again at 25. The scopes come ups and go downs repeat very well.
The trigger is adjustable but could be a little lighter, it is crisp and has a nice clean break.
This is a very smart looking rifle, and shoots well. It was $550.00 out the door, the scope was $389.00 .
If It was my money I would not spend that much on a set up like this for a 22 rifle
But it was a gift from some one who new I wanted a nice 22 rifle.
All in all I like the rifle and it shoots very well, like I said it has never had a hic-cup.

Sam

Doc Highwall
06-27-2010, 11:15 AM
I looked at a left handed T bolt and the bolt was on the left hand side but the gun ejected on the right side like my old left hand 581 Remington.

fecmech
07-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Here is a picture of my "saltwood" Belgian T2. The original finish cracked and crazed so I refinished it with a Tung oil/urethane finish trying to seal the saltwood but it did not work. I put silicone dialectric paste in the barrel and receiver channel to protect the metal from the salt and that is working. My wife bought it for me as a present back in the 70's. It is a solid .5" gun at 50 yds with std velocity ammo and has a crisp 2lb trigger. The scope is a Herters 4X .22 scope and fairly high quality. I really enjoy shooting it. IIRC they were $87. for the grade T2 back then!