PDA

View Full Version : Off Hand Duelist Single Action Postal Match?

Bad luck Bill
08-15-2006, 08:48 PM
I'd be interested if anyone else would like to get it together. I've never competed before and it would be pretty fun. Someone with experience in setting these events up should probably get it together as I'm clueless as to how things go.

Bad Luck Bill. > :castmine:

imashooter2
08-15-2006, 09:52 PM
You've got a good start... You know what you want to shoot!

Post what you want the rules to be and then interested parties will PM you asking for your address to send in the targets. You receive the targets, measure the groups and/or score them and post the results when the match finishes.

David R
08-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Can I shoot my Smith K 38 in single action mode? One handed.

I have no peestols with a plow handle. :)

David

Bad luck Bill
08-15-2006, 11:42 PM
Sounds good. Double action is allowed in single action mode (Don't know why anyone would want to compete using it in double action mode). You guys'll have to help me out as to rules and such. I've been a rebel most of my life and rules never seemed to suit me much! :Fire: Someone who has set one of the matches up before could always help out a bit. I figure the distance should either be 50ft. (17yrds.) or maybe 75 feet (25yrds). The majority can choose the distance, really doesn't matter much to me. I personally don't want to go out any further than that, I'd like to have a shot at winning! :mrgreen:

I imagine we could use NRA targets, either 50 feet targets or 25yrd. targets, that's still up in the air. I just don't know how many shots we should all get and such. As I said before, I've never done this...ever. I'm still for letting someone else take care of the details, the mailings, etc., but if nobody else steps up I guess I'll be forced to handle it. I hope some more people are interested.

Oh Yeah, cast bullets only, no store bought crap!!!!:twisted:

BLB > :castmine:

slughammer
08-16-2006, 02:58 PM
......that's still up in the air. I just don't know how many shots we should all get and such. As I said before, I've never done this...ever. I'm still for letting someone else take care of the details, the mailings, etc., but if nobody else steps up I guess I'll be forced to handle it. I hope some more people are interested.

BLB > :castmine:

Right now we are running (3) postal matches. Take a look at the directions and see what you like or don't like. The good thing about running a postal match is that you make the rools.

Our current series of matches started off with Bucks Owin posting about having a match, but not really any specifics. I decided to jump in and post a match that I have been wanting to run for a while. David R decided to throw some rifle shooting in the mix and we have 3 individuals running matches during August. If you want to help, jump in and shoot Buck'ses Owin'ses match with your Blackhawk. Then after this series of matches cools down, start yours up in Sept / Oct time frame (just a suggestion).

Handgun Matches (read post numbers 27, 28, 29 for details).
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=8247

Double action
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=8311

Fifty Yard Offhand Rifle Match
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=8449

David R
08-16-2006, 07:53 PM
I first posted an offhand 100 yard match, but NOBODY responded. Bunchawimps! I reduced it to 50 yards partially at buckshots suggestion. Got a lot of responses.

I will run more matches. These are fun and get everybody shooting.

David

imashooter2
08-16-2006, 08:17 PM
I don't have any paper big enough for 100 yards offhand...

Bad luck Bill
08-16-2006, 08:54 PM
I guess a 25 yard match is not going to get any responses? I'll keep it open and maybe more people will respond.

BLB

David R
08-17-2006, 05:57 AM
Us Bullseye shooters shoot 25 and 50 yard one handed all the time.

Bad luck Bill
08-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Okay, more specific, offhand duelist 25 yards, iron sights, no calibur below .32...hows that grab ya? I can't imagine everyone being a bullseye shooter on this forum.

BLB

imashooter2
08-17-2006, 12:00 PM
This is shaping up nicely...

25 yards, offhand, one hand hold, iron sights, home cast, nothing under .32 caliber.

Shoot for group or score? 10 shots per target?

waksupi
08-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Flintlock pistol acceptable? After all, it IS duelist!

There are a couple underway matches, I want to ty to get in on this weekend.

Bad luck Bill
08-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Flintlock is cool with me....10 shots sounds good also, points, not groups. That way no measuring is needed, at least not for the most part. I'll have to practice up a bit. I haven't shot at 25 yards in a few months. I figure 25 yard NRA targets as they are easily available for everyone to get. Any other suggestions guys? I guess we still need a few more people to make it interesting. Do we want to offer any sort of prize for the best score?

BLB.

David R
08-17-2006, 10:43 PM
No prize needed, just bragging rights. I shoot one handed at 25 and 50 yards every week with the 45 auto. Sometimes with the 38.

David

waksupi
08-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Well, I'll just start off by cheating. I'll be shooting for group size, rather than score. I have some targets I can actually SEE the center on. You can move them around on the official target to see if they line up where you can count them, and then throw the target away. I'm just into it for fun! Our local club has an old standing rule. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying!

DLCTEX
08-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Can we enter multiple times with different pistols?

Bad luck Bill
08-18-2006, 01:20 AM
Sheesh! And I thought I was bad!

Sure, multiple pistols, as long as they're .32 or larger. Groups, points, you guys decide. How many of you have scanners, by the way?

BLB.

Bad luck Bill
08-18-2006, 01:21 AM
Hey Waksupi,

Can I shoot your horse?

BLB.

Four Fingers of Death
08-18-2006, 04:59 AM
I'll keep an eye on this, my wife is ill and I might have trouble competing. Is the NRA target you mention the big bullseye, like the olympic shooters use? MIck.

Bad luck Bill
08-18-2006, 12:13 PM
I think the NRA 25 yard is a 5.5 inch bull. Here's a scan of what it looks like. This should take care of anymore questions concerning the size of the target rings. Never did get an answer on whether or not *I could shoot Waksupi's horse or not. Hope I didn't offend him. A horse is good eating!!!:mrgreen:

BLB.

Bad luck Bill
08-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Mick,

I hope your wife feels better in a jiffy, I'll send a prayer or two your way.

God bless,

BLB.

KYCaster
08-18-2006, 12:36 PM
BLB: I think you're too late, Waksupi already shot his horse, that's it in his avatar. His grazing lease wouldn't support his horse and the Wooly Mammoth both, so one of them had to go. Since the horse couldn't wash dishes or skin Grizz, he was SOL.

I hope this answers your question. If you need any more answers, ask Carpetman, he seems to be the authority on Waksupi's idiosynchratic behavior. (I think their dating preferences are very similar)

Jerry

Bad luck Bill
08-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Bunch of nuts around here!

Edward429451
09-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Is this match still in the works?

I gotta plow handle....