PDA

View Full Version : T/C Customer Service

06-23-2010, 06:12 PM
I purchased a small accessory tool from local gun store a couple of weeks ago. A real whopper item... $9. It cracked during first use. I took it back to the store and the owner said.... "not my fault!", with a mashed cat whining tone. OK, bubba.

I sent it directly to Thompson/Center with a note explaining that either, I used too much force and cracked the tool or the tool had a casting flaw. And, I politely asked if they could replace it. Within about 10 days of sending it to T/C, the Fedex truck arrived with this little bubble envelope package from T/C with a new tool. No problem, very quick and no excuses. :)

richbug
06-23-2010, 06:49 PM
They have only once let me down. That was when I discovered a cracked stock on my TCR-83.

scb
06-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Too bad they don't stand behind their junk barrels.

QUOTE=scb;432519]Thompson Center Customer service sucks..... +1. I bought a 17m2 carbine barrel. It splits just about 80% of the fired cases. I sent it back after weeks of trying to get a hold of someone on the phone, also with no luck. They sent it back saying it was fixed. I took it out and now it splits 90% of the cases. I'll never buy anything from t/c ever again. Their quality and service is without a doubt the worst in the industry.

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr236/scb2008/17m2cases.jpg[/QUOTE]

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=39817

dragonrider
06-23-2010, 10:10 PM
I have a TCR 87 that I bought with a 45/70 barrel. ?The chamber had eight perfectly flat sides in it. Sent it back got a new one in two weeks. My only experience with returns to TC.

MT Gianni
06-23-2010, 10:28 PM
They replaced a cracked stock at the wrist on a TC Hawken built from a kit @ no charge. Re the 83 TCR I underastood the factory burned down that had all their patterns and manufacturing for that gun 15+ years ago.

richbug
06-24-2010, 08:46 AM
They replaced a cracked stock at the wrist on a TC Hawken built from a kit @ no charge. Re the 83 TCR I underastood the factory burned down that had all their patterns and manufacturing for that gun 15+ years ago.

That was what they told me. They did tell me if I found someone willing to duplicate some stocks for it, they would be interested in some for themselves.

I fixed it myself with some accra-glass and brass pins.