PDA

View Full Version : Steel spru plate for Lee

AbitNutz
06-23-2010, 01:17 PM
I thought I read somewhere on here that MiHec makes a steel spru plate fro Lee molds. Anyone have one? I would enjoy having one for my 6 cavity molds.

Doby45
06-23-2010, 01:51 PM
My Lee sprue plate is already steel.

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-23-2010, 02:19 PM

Yes, but it won't be as thick as the one that MiHec makes, His are about twice as thick as Lee's . . . not sure he sells the plate for other molds though . . .

RobS
06-23-2010, 03:24 PM

If you have a Lee 2 cavity mold then yes you have a steel sprue plate. The original post was asking about a 6 cavity mold. The Lee 6 cavity mold uses a hard-anodized aluminum sprue plate which keeps the cost down on their molds. Dolby45 if you have a 6 cavity mold that has a steel sprue plate it is not originally a sprue plate from Lee Precision.

As for someone making a steel Lee six cavity mold sprue plate I am not aware of anyone who does this as a regular basis, but there are a few here that have done it and probably others who could possibly construct one for you. With the number of people here someone will probably chime in and give you a name of somebody who can assist with what you are looking for.

Shiloh
07-01-2010, 07:34 PM
I would think a thicker sprue plate would help in having fewer rejects.

Shiloh