PDA

View Full Version : TC Hawken help needed

Andy Mac
06-23-2010, 06:31 AM
My dad has a TC Hawken and his eyes aint as good as they were so he wants to scpoe it.The TC web site doesn't help much so I was wondering if any of you chaps would know which base adapter/base and rings he would need.

Many thanks
Andy

Swampman
06-23-2010, 07:30 AM
T/C makes a mount but you have to call them. You may have to have one hole drilled and tapped.

Geraldo
06-23-2010, 07:34 AM
If I were mounting a scope on one of mine I would have it drilled and tapped so that I could mount a scope forward in "scout scope" position. Mounting a scope farther back creates scope/hammer clearance issues or requires bending the ear of the hammer.

mooman76
06-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Some companies make a scope mount that is shaped to fit over the octagon shape of the barrel and tights down with an allen wrench so you don't have to drill and tp the barrel.

06-23-2010, 10:47 PM
I don't know the current availability of a dedicated scope base for the TC Hawken but any simple flat bottomed base that has no contour angle built-in will do. Many moons ago I put a scope on a TC Hawken to see how accurate it really was. I used a low power scout type scope mounted forward. Worked great. The one downside to forward mounting is all the flash crud coming out of the nipple will quickly soot up the scope glass. I fashioned a flash cup out of thin brass to prevent the flash from shooting forward onto the scope.

Also, with heavy loads in MLs and for whatever reason (type or direction of recoil?), MLs can shake apart scope innards. Some scopes just don't seem to hold up too well.