PDA

View Full Version : Lar45 Alox 2500+ lube

abunaitoo
08-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Can anyone tell me how much harder the Alox2500+ lube is compared to the White lube??????
I do Pan lube. I use 5 sticks of white lube, 1 stick of carnauba, and some bee's wax to get it hard like I like it. I was thinking that if the Alox2500+ is hard enough, I wouldn't have to add any bee's wax.

David R
08-15-2006, 10:36 PM
I mix 2 or 3 sticks of carnuba red with one stick of 50/50 for a lube that works best for me. I buy it all from Mr. Lar45.

David

lar45
08-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Hi David, I've had people e-mailing me to get a mix of the Carnauba Red and 50-50. So I've started makeing a B-A-C (Beeswax-Alox-Carnauba) lube.
the Alox 2500+ does not have all of the ingredients that the Carnauba Red has(like the Carnauba wax and a couple of others.) I haven't had a chance to melt the lube out of a luber to fill with the B-A-C, but didn't you say that your 2 or 3 Red to 1 50-50 did not need a heater to run through a lube/sizer?

Maybe you guys can give me some suggestions on how to clear up a very common misunderstanding. My lube label/bussiness name is supposed to be
White Label Lube, or White Label Lube co.
I make a 50-50 Bee's wax-Alox lube, the Alox 2500+ and Carnauba Red. (I've been too busy to do any of the black powder lubes, but should run a couple of batchs this coming week).

Abunaitoo, PM me your mailing address and I can send you a sample of the BAC and 2500+ to try. The same goes for anybody else, send me your address and which lube you want to try.

Sometimes I do take awhile to get everything done. So I really don't mind if you send me a couple of (friendly) reminders. I'm sure most everybody here knows that I have a bad back from my time in the Navy. Some days go by fairly well, other times I can't get anything done for a few days.

The Carnauba Red is very tacky and sticky when warm.(it's smooth when cooled to room temp) It really does stick very well(almost too well). So I'm trying to tone down the extreme sticky while still haveing it shoot well at high velocities. I may call it Carnauba 2 or whatever when it's done.

(Here's an interesting thing to try. Take several large bullets with flat nose, 400-500gn 45 cal. Warm up a small amount of Carnauba Red and stick the bullets together top to bottom with a small amount of lube. Really press them together while twisting slightly. Get several of them together, then let it sit on the bench for 10-15 min while the lube cools. Pick up the long stick of bullets and hold it out horizontal. How many can you get out, 4-5? this lube does stick very well and will not fall out of the lube grooves.)

I have mixed and shot the alox lube up to 4 parts beeswax to 1 part Alox 350 and it shot fine in pistols and rifles up around 2200fps. So if you want to stiffen the 50-50, you could add an equal amount of beeswax. The solid sticks weigh around 1.7 ounce, the hollow sticks weigh around 1.6 ounce.
The 2500+ isn't just the addition of more Bee's wax. There are some of the Carnauba Red ingredients added(but not all). The BAC lube will be a mix of 50-50 and Carnauba Red.

There have been some rumors that Carnauba Red has Alox in it. It does not. The Carnauba Red is 100% non-toxic.(don't eat it though).
Carnauba Red is not FWFL.

I do have Alox 350 in 1 quart metal cans if anyone wants some to mix with.
Sell 1qt for $9.32 + shipping. $6.60 parcel post or $8.65 Priority. (E-bay )
Sell 1qt for $8.32 + shipping. $6.60 parcel post or $8.65 Priority. (CB board)
I can fit 5 cans in a flat rate box.

David R
08-19-2006, 08:30 AM
LAR45,

I use one stick 50/50 and I am pretty sure 2 sticks carnuba. It still needs a heater, I just warm up my sizer with a propane torch. On a 90* day it will flow with out heat, but I have found my luber sizer works much better when its warm anyhow. I do this to soften the carnuba red. It works great in ALL applications for me. From the 38 to the '06 at "great speeds".

Its not just the lube, its the service and the price. Its hard to find a great product with good service and a great price.

abunaitoo
08-19-2006, 07:42 PM
I need to order some more lube from you. Your stuff is great.
I'm pan lubing for smokeless rilfe. I like it a little stiffer than your white lube. But I like the carnuba in it.
Last (and first) order I got from you was 5 sticks of white lube. You sent along a stick of carnuba to try(thank you). I tried the white lube and found it was to soft for me. Added some bees wax (about a sticks, I think) to get it harder. Shot it and it was great.
I figured I'd try it with the carnuba, so I melted the stick you sent in with my mix. It was way to soft and really sticky. Added more bees wax to make it hard (about 2 sticks, I think) and it was fine.
I wanted to find out how much harder the 2500 lube was compared to the white lube. I'm thinking maybe I can just mix 5 sticks of 2500 to one of carnuba and come out to what I use.
Hope your back is feeling better. Have you ever tried accupunture????

lar45
08-21-2006, 12:22 AM
I need to order some more lube from you. Your stuff is great.
I'm pan lubing for smokeless rilfe. I like it a little stiffer than your white lube. But I like the carnuba in it.
Last (and first) order I got from you was 5 sticks of white lube. You sent along a stick of carnuba to try(thank you).
Hope your back is feeling better. Have you ever tried accupunture????

PM your address to me and I'll send a stick of the (B-A-C) 50-50 and Carnauba Red mix.
I did do trigger point injections and they helped alot. My Dr. at the VA is trying to get me into an accupunture class where they will teach the wife how to do it at home.

GP100man
09-09-2006, 01:07 AM
lar45 i wouldnt change a thing on the caranuba red it works !!! I cant rember who , but someone once stated sticky was good. good luck managing your back pain!!!!!

357maximum
09-09-2006, 06:02 AM
Carnuba Red should not be changed, perfect as is.

Carnuba red works really good/tastes really bad,,come on I had to see..it says non toxic

GP100man
09-10-2006, 12:32 AM
yeah ilike the non toxic stuff 50/50 stops my head up tite. what exactly is alox??natural toxin or synthetic toxin . i had some tumble lubed swc &walked into indoor range. they asked about (my ) ammo asking spec question on boolit. no go when isaid swc with alox tumble lube!! some thing about filters.ithink they wanted to sell (their ammo)!!

calaverasslim
09-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Lordy, did I mess up. Everyone recommended I use the Carnuba Red, so I ordered some. Got and put it in the reefer until I was ready for it. That's not the problem. Folks, if you live in south Texas, wait until the winter time to order this lube. This heat in the summer softens and melts this lube. Had a heck of a time getting it round and into the lubra-sizer. Once I got it in there, it works like a dream. I odered 10 sticks this last time but will order more in Jan. when it's cool. :)