PDA

View Full Version : help prod midway!!!30-30|35 rem

nekshot
06-22-2010, 11:24 AM
I contacted midway about a special order adams bennet barrel for small ring mauser in 30-30 and 35 rem. They did not say I could order one on a special order but I believe they would be open to doing it if enough interest is shown. I told them the shilen barrel in 35 runs the cost of a rebuild up to high. If you would really be sincere and let them know they might consider a one time offer. I told him we are casters and I personally would want a 21 inch tube as light as possible.

bruce drake
06-22-2010, 06:44 PM
We should probably move this to the Gunsmithing sub-forum since it deals with rebarreling a Mauser into a non-standard caliber.

And I'd buy a 35 Rem Small-ring barrel!

docone31
06-22-2010, 06:54 PM
The A/B barrels are not thick enough in the neck area for larger than mid size cases. Even their 54 series are not thick enough.
If you got one that was full sized to the muzzle, then you could chamber it, and turn it down.
Personally, if it were me, I would go Douglas, or Shilen, or other brand. Long run it will be less expensive.
It really is a question of thickness in a critical area.
I have three series 54 barrels. They are thick and perform well, but making one of the large calibers I do not believe to be healthy with the material there.
In the calibers they are in, .308, .243, they fire all day without a glitch and are daggoned accurate as well.
I like the barrels.