PDA

View Full Version : File sharpening

waksupi
08-14-2006, 10:33 PM
For those of you with piles of old files around, try out these guys.

http://boggstool.com/

We sent in a batch of old files that wouldn't cut. Turn around, is one week from when they hit thier door, and they bill you for what they do. It is cheap. For $34+ , (shipping included) we had fifteen + files and rasps sharpened to new or better condition. Some of our rasps and files cost up to $50 each, so this is a great savings. They also do horseshoeing rasps, needle files, pretty much whatever you throw at them. I'm impressed, to say the least, and am going to raid secound hand shops this weekend, to buy up all the old specialty files I can find. They saved old ratty files, we figured they would reject.

Did I say, I am pleased?

StarMetal
08-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Thanks Ric, I have alot of my Dad's old file I just can't part with and they are worn out.

Joe

RugerFan
08-14-2006, 11:48 PM
Very Interesting. I bookmarked that one.

KCSO
08-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks, I have a batch to send out to them.

floodgate
08-15-2006, 12:48 PM
I wonder if that is the old acid-dipping concept. Several years ago, when I did quite a bit of sharpening of saws and other tools, one of the trade magazines offered a kit with a plastic dip tank, hangers, acid (hydrochloric?) and a neutralizer/anti-rust dip that was supposed to be able to restore the sharpness of old, used files. Never got around to trying it, though. If you try this, keep a small barrel of baking soda solution handy in case of spills or splashes.

floodgate

waksupi
08-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Mr. Boggs, did tell me he uses a liquid honeing process, but that was about all the info I got on it. The guy is a shooter, and would as soon discuss guns!