PDA

View Full Version : Show us your inner desperado (kid pics)

AZ-Stew
06-20-2010, 11:47 PM
OK guys. I know all you older folks have photos of yourselves gussied up in your cowboy outfits. Let's see who's the biggest "dude" or the toughest hombre...

I'm the one in the middle. Circa 1955.

http://www.inficad.com/~gstewart/misc_photos/three_desperados.jpg

Regards,

Stew

frankenfab
06-21-2010, 12:12 AM
I was born to late to get one of those snazzy outfits. You kids really had simple good clean fun back then, and you could even wear that to school without getting suspended for the rest of the semester!

Great photo!

waksupi
06-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Here I am in all my rootin' tootin' splendor. Probably around 1956.

Trey45
06-21-2010, 08:32 AM
We were too poor for stuff like that, it was either toys, or food, we chose food.

imashooter2
06-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Closest I can come to the genre...

http://home.comcast.net/~bigdb1/dbrifle.jpg

crabo
06-21-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm the pistolero reloading on the right. My brother is the center one in full recoil with his handcannon, with my cousin providing supressing fire while I reload.

JeffinNZ
06-21-2010, 06:13 PM
It's all starting to make sense now........................

LOL.

twotoescharlie
06-21-2010, 06:44 PM
sure are a lotta youngsters on this forum

TTC

TCFAN
06-21-2010, 10:24 PM
OK here is 3 photos from 1950 to 1952

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/TCintheOzarks/Cast%20Boolits/Untitled-1.jpg

docone31
06-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Wow, makes me remember all the serials back then.
Bang Bang Billy, Sky King, Whoah Nellie, memories abundant.
I even had a cap fired Rolly Block! Even made of metal. Had a Daisy that had its built in ricochet sound.
Roy Rogers. My wife's father was a camer man on the series.
Wish I had a photo to submit. I looked like that back then.

06-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Trey,
I know exactly what you mean. I never had a Red Ryder BB gun or a Fanner Fifty capgun, as much as I wanted them. My gun was a thumb and index finger, and it was just as accurate and deadly as the capguns the other kids had. Didn't stop me from playing cowboys and indians, and army, though.

AZ-Stew
06-23-2010, 11:33 PM
C'mon, guys. There have to be more than these paltry few photos among us. Post 'em up!

Regards,

Stew

EMC45
06-24-2010, 01:29 PM
I got one, but I have to find it.....

357maximum
06-24-2010, 02:00 PM
I was born to late to get one of those snazzy outfits. You kids really had simple good clean fun back then, and you could even wear that to school without getting suspended for the rest of the semester!

Great photo!

What he said X2...............MY parents were not born until 55 and 56. I missed the good ol days I guess.

I spent most of my unterteen years with a 22 or a pellet rifle hassling the resident critters and when it rained I spent my time in the basement torturing rats with a hacksaw and pulling the wings off of flies. :o

Video games were in their infancy when I was a child yet I did not want one.......I simply wanted another brick of 22's, tin of pellets or another milk carton of bb's..........you can keep tha atari I want more ammo.

scrapcan
06-24-2010, 02:34 PM
I am younger than those pictures, but we too did not have the resources to get to be the cowboy. I usually got to be the indian and man do those cheap clubs get you a nice stack of dropped guns. Cap guns don't hit as hard as a nice club!

Like 357Maximum, I too spent way too much time with the 22 or pellet rifle. I traded lots of christmas and birthday presents to cousins for ammo.

RP
06-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Well did not have the outfit that I can remember but my dad had some scrape plywood laying around and cut all the kids around the house some M-16s. We had to paint them ourself and had alot of fun playing war games. They lasted several summers the homemade toys always seem to be the best I think. So now I have boys I made them some DB shotguns they played with them more than any of the store bought guns. Maybe its seeing your dad make something just for you that makes them so special.Sorry no pics I guess we were ugly kids not many pics of us growing up lol.

Charlie Sometimes
06-26-2010, 11:38 AM
I don't have any pictures (Mom might), but in a box somewhere, I've still got the cap guns!

crabo
07-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Here's an illustration that my wife did of me as a promo piece. She took a black and white photograph and made a color illustration.

Don't mess with me!

3006guns
07-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Wish I still had some photos to share..........I had the gamut including a Shootin Shell Fanner Fifty (you'll put somebody's eye out!)

Crabo, that is the most intimidating looking kid I've seen in years! Do I detect a slight resemblance to a later figure though? Say, John Dillinger?:-P

Seriously, your wife is a very talented artist.

GOPHER SLAYER
08-31-2010, 11:20 PM
Well here I am in my Lone Ranger outfit, mounted on my trusty tricycle Silver. Another picture of me many decades later with my boy Nathan. I am a little better equipped by this time. Actually this picture was taken many years ago. Nathan has done three tours in Iraq and two in Afghanistan with the Marines since this picture was taken, Not to mention four years at the Citadel.

steg
09-01-2010, 04:33 AM
Like Trey, we didn't have those toys, we carved our own from fence palings. One of my Dads friends had an old bolt action stock laying around, and gave it to me, I brought it home and my Dad screwed a piece of pipe onto it, it was my prize posession, when I got older I put it up in the attic, years passed and I went into the service. A while after I got out I was up the attic looking for it and my Mom said she cleaned out all the junk out of the attic, that, all my baseball cards, and my old metal telescoping fishing rod, Mom cleaned house, wish I still had it, it would have made a great wall hanger, LOL.............................steg

a.squibload
09-03-2010, 09:37 PM
There's a pic somewhere, I don't have it.
Had a jeans jacket around that time, functional but had some of those "jeweled" studs, rodeo style.
Cap gun and holster.
Dad made us full-auto rubber band rifles, wood stock with notches on top and a cloth tape.
Pull the tape to release the rubber bands from the notches, one or more at a time.
I think magazine capacity was 7.

He also made us wooden swords and shields, Robin Hood style I guess.
Spray painted silver!