PDA

View Full Version : Progress updates

BT Sniper
06-20-2010, 02:09 AM
Spent most of today working on current orders for one step dies. Completed a very good looking set up on the Lee Clasic Cast press with a swaging ram adapter with bullet ejector attached to it. Punched out a few bullets with it and worked out very well. A couple more automatic bullet ejectors all painted and ready. Also have a potential design together for mounting a base punch for these improved CH dies in the big corbin presses. Will get some updated pics soon.

I know a few of you have some orders you have been patiently waiting on and I will have them together as soon as I can. It is a slow go for me latly but the quality is looking very good. Should have 3 or 4 orders shipped out early this week.

Thanks and good shooting,

Brian

a.squibload
06-20-2010, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the update, wondered if you forgot about me![smilie=s:

Scored some soft lead sheet recently, figure that would be easier on the Rockchucker for swaging?

I have a spot cleared for my bench, it's an old steel lab table, not very thick, I remember it
flexes when seating boolits. When I disassemble it for the move I'll see about reinforcing it
with plywood or 2x4s.
Also need a less flammable place to cast! Garage full of stuff, I blame her...

OneShotNeeded
06-21-2010, 01:47 PM
BT I tried leaving you a pm. Just curious if you've made any 22 de-rimming dies and if so what the cost would be. Trying to make my own but I don't have a lathe and cant really get anything centered in my drill press. Any help or thoughts would be awesome.

hardcase54
06-21-2010, 05:31 PM
OneShot check this thread http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=74002 if interested let me know. Always ready to help a fellow Virginian or any swagger really. :redneck:

Daywalker
06-22-2010, 12:46 AM
hardcase54, oneshot, just curious, which part of VA without getting to specific, I am in the southwest near Roanoke/Blacksburg area....

Also, I am working with a Lee, .224 sizing die to derim 22's, just need a push through punch made to fit the 22's to push them up through the sizing die...

hardcase54
06-22-2010, 05:32 AM
Just outside (12mi) from Warrenton.