PDA

View Full Version : Lets compare loads and velocities

10mmShooter
06-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Hey guys here are some of my target loads I'm curious to see if anyone has similiar loads, I chrono'd my loads and am curious to compare notes and velocities with shooters with similiar loads. I use all my loads for punching paper, none of these loads produce any leading in my barrerls. Also just in case you didnt notice, I intentionly load for just under 1000fps. :Fire:

Caution..the last/bottom .38 load of 3.8g of Green Dot exceeds .38 specail levels and should only be used in weapons chambered for .357 Magnum.

http://www.keithrussell.net/loads.bmp

HammerMTB
06-20-2010, 02:11 AM
I shoot a lot of 40S&W brass thru my Glock 20, with either the stock bbl or an aftermarket 10MM bbl.
I use your same load of 6.8 of AA#5 and a Lee 175 TC for a USPSA major load. It is pretty much exactly as you noted, 975 FPS. I long seat the boolits to make more room in the .40 case and get closer to the rifling in the 10MM bbls.
I have a gruncha (izzat a word?) .44 Mag loads. Everything from plinkers to hot 265-300 grain loads. I prefer not to post hot loads as folk should work up their loads and putting them here may give a legitimacy they don't merit. What works in my Ruger may shake a S&W pretty bad.