PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Shotshell Loader Information

Dakoma
06-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Dont know much, and have not found any information on a Lyman shotshell Loader and thought a few pictures might get me some information .I dont have it in my hands to look at and it will be my first press for loading shotshells,so I will just post pics and maybe someone can give me a little help with this press or direct me to information please.I was hopeing for a 12ga. but found or was told later it was 20ga. any chance of finding parts?

Themoose
06-19-2010, 04:35 AM
What you have is a Lyman Easy Loader... they are good tools... I have two of them... one in 12 and one in 20 ga... the die sets are interchangeable and parts are still floating around.. I have some spare 12 ga, like the crimp starters and shot bushings... you have an adjustable powder bar for measuring... looks like your unit is in very good shape.

The Moose

Dakoma
06-19-2010, 05:11 AM
What you have is a Lyman Easy Loader... they are good tools... I have two of them... one in 12 and one in 20 ga... the die sets are interchangeable and parts are still floating around.. I have some spare 12 ga, like the crimp starters and shot bushings... you have an adjustable powder bar for measuring... looks like your unit is in very good shape.

The Moose
Thank you for letting me know what to look for and the correct Model,I thought it was 12ga. and was posted as 12ga. and then the fellow said he checked it and found it to be 20ga. and I thought gee it looks good maybe I can find parts or compatable parts to change it over to 12ga. so as soon as he figures shipping I will mail payment and get a few posts out for what I need to change it over.12ga. and 410ga. is mainly what I shoot and have a loader for 410ga already.Thank you

copdills
06-19-2010, 07:54 AM
never seen one before , good looking press

Dakoma
06-19-2010, 06:12 PM
never seen one before , good looking press

$40.00 shipped is a good deal provideing I can find dies to change it over to 12ga. and never knew Lyman made a shotshell Loader.:smile:

copdills
06-19-2010, 06:58 PM
I didn't know Lyman made a shotshell loader either, good luck finding the 12 ga conversion

Dakoma
06-19-2010, 08:04 PM
I didn't know Lyman made a shotshell loader either, good luck finding the 12 ga conversion

Found some info about useing Mec bushings but may be a adapter to use them,I am mainly interested in the dies though.

copdills
06-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Dakoma you might also try Shotgun world forum as well , those guys are just like the cast boolit folks here they love to Help out

Dakoma
06-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Just wanted to thank all and especially Crazy Mark for provideing me with parts needed for my loader thanks Mark and all for your help.Dakoma

StarMetal
06-24-2010, 05:46 PM
I had a Pacific shotshell loader similar to that. First shotshell loader I had after the Lee Loader.

Dakoma
06-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Got ahold of the fellow that I bought the press from,seems he got it from a neighbor and she is a widow and after the sale the press was mounted to a bench and he was told to remove it and it was his it was left over after a sale so hard telling where the part went and he sent me everything he saw that was related to the press,I believe it inserts the wad and seats it with a certain amount of presure and makes the wad slide into the now primed and powder charged shell so plays a impotant roll before going to the crimp starter and then to the shell sizer and finished.Here is a picture of what I got.

copdills
06-29-2010, 05:40 PM
hey man let us know how it works for ya, interesting piece

maestrochi
02-05-2011, 08:31 PM
I have a Lyman Shotshell Easy Loader that I had bought brand new 40 years ago and it still does the job. Unfortunately Lyman no longer makes a reloader for shotgun.

shotman
02-05-2011, 08:51 PM
where do you dig up these old things from last year

redshrimpp
04-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi all,
New member but been lurking for some time.
I'm trying to find a wad guide for the above easy loader. mine got lost sometime in the past and i've started to load once again. i can manage to load plastic wads without it but want to load fibre wads in the future and the wad guide would be a big asset.
anyone help???

W.R.Buchanan
04-01-2011, 03:39 PM
I would go on Trapshooters.com and ask in the main forum there. I have seldom had to wait more than a few minutes for an answer to just about any reloading question or request for information even on difficult to find parts.. There are guys there that rebuild just about any machine ever produced.

Also since it is primarily a Shotgun oriented site, the likelyhood of finding what you need is much higher than elsewhere.

Randy

scrapcan
04-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Dakoma,

Send Pressman and email, he may have some spare parts in a batch of tools theat went to the ARTCA hardware archives around thanksgiving. I think there were spare dies and two almot complete presses.

redshrimpp
04-02-2011, 09:14 AM
I would go on Trapshooters.com and ask in the main forum there. I have seldom had to wait more than a few minutes for an answer to just about any reloading question or request for information even on difficult to find parts.. There are guys there that rebuild just about any machine ever produced.

Also since it is primarily a Shotgun oriented site, the likelyhood of finding what you need is much higher than elsewhere.

Randy

trapshooters.com seems to be out of action.

1hole
04-02-2011, 10:18 AM
"I'm trying to find a wad guide for the above easy loader. "

Red, I see the old Lee white plastic wad guides on eBay from time to time, they work find with that press.

5095 JRH
07-20-2014, 07:54 PM
I have 2 of these presses and a bunch of powder & shot bushings as well as other parts. Wad guides and the like but need a 12 and a 16ga seat ( fits in the last hole on the right side). A 12 and a 16 ga roll crimp end, I have the actuator that fits where the final crimper for fold crimps go's. I also have crimp starters for 12ga, 20ga and I think 16ga. I have several adjustable powder charge bars. Looking to trade or buy what I need. If you are fold cripming you don't need the seats but as that I roll crimp I do.

pete501
07-20-2014, 09:51 PM
I had one years ago in 12 ga. I used it for a short time then switched to my old mec 600 then moved on to Ponsness stuff. The name is misleading, there was nothing easy about it. It looks like you need the shell holder.