PDA

View Full Version : Browning - Rossi parts compatibility?

HDS
06-18-2010, 03:53 AM
I'm looking for parts for my Rossi 92 and the people I have contacted (multiple times) have not responded. All I need is a screw for the right hand cartridge guide. I have found one that has responded but they only carry Brownings, Marlins and Winchesters. I know the Winchester screws don't fit the Rossi but I wonder if the Brownings might?

fecmech
06-18-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm looking for parts for my Rossi 92 and the people I have contacted (multiple times) have not responded. All I need is a screw for the right hand cartridge guide. I have found one that has responded but they only carry Brownings, Marlins and Winchesters. I know the Winchester screws don't fit the Rossi but I wonder if the Brownings might?

You can contact Braztech at 305-474-0401 in Miami Florida as they handle the Rossi 92's now and if that's no good for you being overseas email Steve at http://www.stevesgunz.com/. I think he might be able to help you.

HDS
06-25-2010, 03:45 AM
Yeah stevezguns hasn't replied at all despite repeated e-mails (not into phoning across the world either), including several to the person I spoke to (not steve, one of his nephews or something) when I ordered my DVD. I suppose once I had ordered that they didn't want to bother with me for just a screw or something. Coulda atleast just said "no".

Found a german dealer willing to ship me a replacement screw so the problem was solved at least.

fecmech
06-25-2010, 12:59 PM
I am sorry to hear that no one wanted to help. If the screw does not work out for you, or you need another part for your Rossi just PM me and I'll get it and mail it to you.

HDS
07-21-2010, 03:03 AM
It took a while but I got the screw last night so I was able to finally reassemble and also install the new and improved ejector spring I got with my DVD kit.

Turns out it was impossible to install, had to cut 1.5 coils from it and now the gun is harder to cycle than it was factory and I lost the factory ejector spring sometime in the two months this gun has been sitting in parts.

Ordered a new spring kit from brownells from another manufacturer, putting this gun back in the parts heap until I get the kit.