PDA

View Full Version : Joe Hepsworth

Boz330
06-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Joe Hepsworth, a long time fixture in International Long Range Muzzle Loading Competition Has passed.
I just met Joe a few years back but he was the consummate gentleman to everyone. He will be sorely missed in the LRML arena.

Joseph M. Hepsworth

June 17, 2010

NEWARK: A funeral service for Joseph M. Hepsworth, age 73, of Newark, Ohio, will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday,
June 19, at the Newark Chapel of Henderson-Van Atta-Stickle Funeral & Cremation Service with Pastor James Dennis
officiating.

Mr. Hepsworth died Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at his residence. He was born October 22, 1936 in Cleveland, Ohio to the
late Joseph C. and Hertha (Seifert) Hepsworth.

His family operated Industrial Automotive - NAPA in downtown Newark and moved to West Church Street. After the sale
of the business, his parents formed E-Z Way Systems.

He was a 1954 graduate of Newark High School. A business owner all of his life, he operated J. Cunard & Co. in
downtown Newark where he was a gun smith. He collected guns since the age of 15 and was a member of the NRA and was
involved in competitive muzzle-loader shooting. He was a member of the United States International Muzzle-Loading
Team and was 2009 team captain of the meet in North Carolina. He held the Bisley Camp, England record of 1200 yards.

He is survived by his wife of 54 years, Janet M. (Nichols) Hepsworth, whom he married December 10, 1955; his
children, Jenifer (Charles) Michaelis of Westerville, Susan (Joey) Martinez of Moriarty, New Mexico, Mary (Peter)
Dixon of Hot Springs, North Carolina and Joan Hepsworth of Tampa, FL; grandchildren, Joseph, Benjamin, Elizabeth,
Rachael, Stephanie, Josey and Eliot; numerous nieces and nephews; and many close friends.

In addition to his parents; he was preceded in death by two brothers and sisters-in law, Leslie Paul (Patricia)
Hepsworth and Robert Douglas (Margaret) Hepsworth; and one nephew, Douglas Hepsworth.

Friends may call from 4-7 p.m. on Friday, June 18, 2010, at the funeral home, 59 North Fifth Street.

Bob

Dean D.
06-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Rest in peace Joe.

DIRT Farmer
06-17-2010, 08:45 PM
I never met Joe but when I started exploring long rang I was directed to him. I talked to him a few times last Fall, Then heard he was ill. He answered the newbie questions with grace, I'm sure he had heard them all many times. I'm sure the long range line at Frindship is soloum this week.

rhbrink
06-18-2010, 06:36 PM
I sure hate to hear about this, I had talked to him a couple of times by phone and he sure seemed like a fine person and answered my questions carefully and with "Grace". He will be missed.

semtav
06-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Sorry to hear that. I bought a gun from him last winter. Interesting guy, but was definitely having voice problems.

ResearchPress
06-22-2010, 04:13 PM
I have added some notes and pictures about/of Joe to my Creedmoor Shooting blog.

http://creedmoorshooting.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/joe-hepsworth/

David