PDA

View Full Version : luber/sizer problems

sergeant69
06-17-2010, 04:43 AM
got in a lyman H&I sizing die #2766537 and top punch #421 "G" for my "rescued" LAM11 RCBS L/S. tried to install the sizer and it lacks about a half inch of fully seating. and the top punch won't go in the hole at all, and the allen set screw is all the way out. the sizer top fits into the hollow nut that secures it and it will screw down a few turns and thats it. even w/mild pressure from the ram it won't go any further. its NOT crossthreaded, and i can't feel any restrictions in the hole the sizer fits into other than a lip that i am sure is supposed to be there. aren't the lyman and rcbs compatible?

Bret4207
06-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Huh, they should fit. On the sizer it's possible there's hardened lube blocking it from entering. Try warming the area with a blow dryer type implement. Also make sure the limit rod isn't blocking it.

Any burrs blocking the TP hole or on the new TP?

sergeant69
06-17-2010, 08:08 AM
i figgered it out. keep in mind this was at 3 AM. up w/back pain. on the bottom of the hollow nut there is a lip that prevents the nut from bottoming out. the TP was a bitch though. gonna be fun getting out.

qajaq59
06-17-2010, 11:26 AM
the TP was a bitch though. gonna be fun getting out. I had a TP that was marred by someone screwing the screw in too tight. It took a lot of patience and a padded pair of pliers to get it out without ruining it. And then a jeweler's file to smooth it out again.

geargnasher
06-17-2010, 02:37 PM
I've had some top punches that looked like they were cut with a dull nail, had to chuck more than one in a drill press and polish with stones/sandpaper/file to get the stem to fit the ram and the punch to fit the boolit without leaving a ring on the nose. Part of the game sometimes.

Gear

sergeant69
06-17-2010, 02:44 PM
kerrville!! in the hill country. love it. i live between corpus and SA. send us some rain. the nueces is my backyard and needs to be on the rise.

geargnasher
06-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it! We had storm here a couple of weeks ago that thinned out all the weak trees in the county, along with all the weak roofs, carports, utilities, and I'm STILL missing three garbage cans. A member in San Marcos got 11 inches in just a few ours about a week ago, your turn will come I'm sure.

Gear

sergeant69
06-17-2010, 02:53 PM
yea, i got 2 kids in san marcos and they are sick of the rain. ever hear of the TEXAS WATER SAFARI canoe race? thats my sons pic on the opening page of their website. they had to reschedule the race because of all the flooding. and it is kinda stupid of me to wish for rain during the hurricane season huh.

qajaq59
06-17-2010, 03:13 PM
it is kinda stupid of me to wish for rain during the hurricane season huh. If you live anywhere near me Sarge Please don't wish any hurricanes on us.