PDA

View Full Version : reloading software..

rmaster14145
06-17-2010, 01:14 AM
i have seen mentioned in several threads it looks like some of you are using some type of reloading software...if i read things right. if so, what program are you using, what features do you like or dislike, how much does it cost? i did a google of it but did not like what i read about.

thanks

rm

smallshot13
06-18-2010, 07:42 PM
I developed my own relational database in Microsoft Access. Each component is captured in seperate data tables. When I define a load, I have a table that pulls from each sub-component table and stores that data. I even have a target plot routine, but have found something better since. I have included a table of different alloys as well. The main table uses drop down selection lists from the sub-component tables, so I just select the components, bullet, primer, powder, case, etc.. Bullets can refer to alloy and mould they came from. Powder has relative burn rate number (from Lyman table), and volume factor, which is used to convert to a calculated case volume percentage. Alloy table has BHN field, in addition to approximate percentage make up as well as specific gravity. So far, I am very happy with it, but still tinkering. Just recently added a calculation for total weight of each powder used, sort of an inventory check. I only have a little over 100 different experimental loads that I have developed, now settling on standard loads. I load 9mm, 38/357, .45 acp, and .308 win, only using cast for 38/357 and .45 acp.

mike in co
06-18-2010, 11:49 PM
i have seen mentioned in several threads it looks like some of you are using some type of reloading software...if i read things right. if so, what program are you using, what features do you like or dislike, how much does it cost? i did a google of it but did not like what i read about.

thanks

rm

quickload...................its a tool not a bible.

Kevin Rohrer
06-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Load From A Disk. It's about $50 and gives you lots of information, especially if you have a chronograph to input its data.