PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to everyone

Beekeeper
06-16-2010, 03:12 PM
I finally had time to check back in and read all of the well wishes and promise for a prayer for my wife.
It must have helped as I brought her home from the hospital this morning.
After more test than I ever imagined existed and several long conversations between doctors they still are not sure if it was a stroke or a cerebial hemeriage.

Any way the prognosis is that she has no short term memory and walks like a drunken sailor.
Something to do with equilibrum . Not sure what.
Is fine in a small room but in a large area tends to go either right or left even tho brain says going in a straight line.

Have installed a wireless intercom in all the rooms of the house and keep the master with me so I can keep tabs on her.

Most hurt was daughter who wears heart on her sleeve to see mother this way.
4 year old grandson is not remembered at all but he is "cool" with it and has already started to reprogram grandma.

We are getting by for now and I will try to stop in and see everyone more often now.

Until then may you all have a fair wind and following sea.

Jim

RayinNH
06-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Glad to hear she is doing better Jim. My best to your wife, you and your family...Ray

geargnasher
06-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Best wishes for you and your family, glad she's home.

Ian

Dean D.
06-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the update Jim. I'm sure happy to hear your wife is doing better and is now home. Keep us posted and remember to take care of yourself too.

Continued thoughts and prayers for you, your wife and family.

DIRT Farmer
06-16-2010, 06:30 PM
I have been taking care of my father for five years as of this past may. I know your concerns, and a prayer for you and your wife. Take care of your self and keep up your outside interests as best you can. If you loose heart it is bad for both of you. IE if you need to yell at us to keep your head, I will understand. God be with you.

Alan

06-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Jim,
I wish the best for the both of you.

Wayne Smith
06-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Glad to hear she's home, Jim, even with damage. I'll continue with my prayers.

Bret4207
06-16-2010, 07:46 PM
You and she and the whole family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Went through that with my father in law. Not a lot of fun, but it gets better over time.

Thx for the update.

DLCTEX
06-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Hang in there and we'll keep you and your's in our prayers. Dale

HeavyMetal
06-16-2010, 09:10 PM
I to am glad your wife is home.

Time is the one thing that can never be purchased but it can always be given.

Take my advise and give her all the time you can, you'll be glad you did.

Tom-ADC
06-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Hang in there Chief sounds like you have a great family to help.
Best to you and the bride.

82nd airborne
06-16-2010, 10:15 PM
prayer sent. thats one thing garunteed to work, just have to believe it will, thats all.

PatMarlin
06-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Great news Jim!

gray wolf
06-17-2010, 11:09 AM
prayer sent, for you and the family.
There is much power in prayer.
Please keep us updated, and thank you for posting.

Sam

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-17-2010, 12:44 PM
And who says prayiing don't work?;) I know that they DO!

I also agree that you still need some of your own time, even if it is only a hour a day . . . get some one else to watch the monitor, and go for a walk with a gun, or to the coffee shop, reload a few rounds . . . My Father Spend 24/7 with my Mother, but really appreciated the times when my Brother insisted on taking him out to lunch, you will be surprised how many people want to help . . . Your grandson sounds like a cool kid!

Cherokee
06-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Praying for the best for wife and you...

Wayne Smith
06-17-2010, 05:40 PM
And remember, Jim, that neurological damage can take one to two years to repair. Usually MD's say the results after one year are about as much as can be expected but some hope remains. Therapies really help.

Buckshot
06-18-2010, 03:54 AM
...............Jim, I'm so pleased you took the time to post! I'm glad to know your wife is back home where she can be comfortable and have her 'things' around her. They'll also certainly help her recover more rapidly. Let her know that many of your friends are thinking of her.

.................Buckshot