PDA

View Full Version : Tried to register at handloadersbench.

WallyM3
06-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Said that my e-mail address was not allowed.

Pretty exclusive group!

I use g-mail. Is that the reason?

EDIT: Yup. Just found it. They had some trouble with some Spamming through g-mail back in 2008 and blocked all g-mail registrations.

Pity.

mooman76
06-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Try reloadbench.com if you are just looking for a reload site. Good group of guys and allot of them are here too.

WallyM3
06-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Bless you, moonman! I knew there had to be a place that would accept the likes of me, what being a "g-mailer" and all.

Later: Now that's a loading site! Anybody needs me, I'll be over there for the next month and a half, reading. (chuckle)

AZ-Stew
06-16-2010, 11:12 PM
I can't get handloadersbench to let me in. I keep getting a message that the security code is wrong (derived from letters in the picture that you have to type in). Can't even find a "contact us" link. They lost my interest.

Regards,

Stew

WallyM3
06-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Stew, I guess that they don't need either of us.

So it shall be.

Rockydog
06-18-2010, 12:03 AM
Gentlemen, I'm an admin over on Handloadersbench.com. I certainly apologize for any inconveniance you may have encountered in trying to register. However the g-mail threat was real to our site and we had to take the needed steps to address it. We are definitely not a snobbish sort of group as implied in your above posts. Several members on this site not only are members over there, but serve in various admin and moderator capacities as well. If either of you have further interest in joining please feel free to PM me and we'll see what we can accomplish. Rockydog

WallyM3
06-18-2010, 01:11 AM
No, Rockydog! I was being facetious, but I see where you could reasonably infer that I was being sarcastic.

I adopted g-mail after I fried the mother-board on my last computer Lost everything, including my address book, etc. (Managed to save my pics, though.) And for that reason, I'm sticking with g-mail for the foreseeable future.

There were other issues with the domain I owned and I decided to keep as much "memory" off computer as possible.

While I've never had trouble with g-mail as a user, I do know that eBay, until relatively recently, wasn't accepting accounts backed by Google mail, so there were problems with sites like yours.

Anywho, I'll PM you my CVs and perhaps I can slip through the curtain as a bona fide member.

Thanks, very much, for the contact.

fryboy
06-18-2010, 04:00 AM
i have to second rockydog's post , we do have quite a few of the same members and a bunch of great guys as well as a great staff, i myself had to use my rarely used msn hotmail account to join ( way back when ) umm just reading requires no membership lolz

Charley
06-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Fryboy, I like your avatar over here better than the one on HB!

fryboy
06-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Fryboy, I like your avatar over here better than the one on HB!

but but i love the grey guy ( made it meself lolz ) i like my sig over there better lolz ( gee i need to think of a cool one for here ummm cast related that is ) i thought of putting my pup up over there but there are so many already that sweet pea prolly wouldnt feel special ( and i have so many that i actually cant find my fav one [doh] )

alamogunr
06-20-2010, 08:14 AM
I went there yesterday and registered. The process was easy and quick. No problems. I spent a couple of hours reading through threads that interested me. I did not read a single post that was critical, sarcastic or accusing.

John
W.TN

twotrees
06-20-2010, 04:56 PM
PM'ed Rocky here and was fixed in a couple of hours. They are good folks there too.

Thanks Rocky,

atomiclab
11-14-2010, 10:24 PM
I tried to register with handloadersbench.com. I cant seem to get a confirmation email. the site tells me "You need to activate your account. Please check your e-mail for instructions." I never received any email from handloadersbench. I even tried the "forgot your password" feature to instigate an email. No luck.

I really want to be part of the forum

fryboy
11-15-2010, 01:46 PM
I tried to register with handloadersbench.com. I cant seem to get a confirmation email. the site tells me "You need to activate your account. Please check your e-mail for instructions." I never received any email from handloadersbench. I even tried the "forgot your password" feature to instigate an email. No luck.

hmmmm.... i often vet new members , pm me your user name over there and i'll look and see what i can find , usually once vetted the e-mail is sent , but sometimes glitches do happen and sometimes it takes a bit for the software to send it , a little patience and we can try to get it sorted out

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
11-15-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't know what the "g-mail" glitch is, but found the same problem when I tried to sign up at Rimfire Central.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

BAGTIC
11-25-2010, 10:38 PM

I have had the same problem with Tank-net.com. My old computer shorted out about 18 months ago and I have not been able to get back on since. I even opened two new email accounts (not G-MAIL) in an attempt to re-register under new identity. No luck. I have stored in my email right now DOZENS of promises to send me a link within 10 minutes. Some sites need a better way to get through to a real person when the automated systems fail.

[COLOR="Red"]I really want to be part of their forum too but I fnally gave up.