PDA

View Full Version : RCBS SAA 45 Colt

405WIN
08-11-2006, 09:49 PM
I am haveing a problem with one of the Two molds I have in this design. The bolt that holds the sprue plate down is constantly getting loose. I have tried lock washers on it but to no avail. Any suggestions ?.

StarMetal
08-11-2006, 09:56 PM
I have so many different brand moulds I have a hard time keeping track of their differences. Okay does the RCBS you have, have a side screw to lock the sprue plate screw? It will be on the side. If not, drill and tap it for a fine thread screw. Go to the hardware and but a correct size tap and make sure they have a screw of the same thread. Then go home and work on your mould. On some of mine that have a set screw, I may put a little flat on the sprueplate screw that the set screw bears against to make sure it doesn't turn, that is once I've gotten the correct position and have my sprueplated adjusted to where I like them.

Joe

405WIN
08-11-2006, 11:13 PM
The mold in the morning to see if it has a locking screw of some kind. I have not noticed one before.
Thanks.

405WIN
08-12-2006, 09:20 AM
I checked the mold and much to my surprise there is a locking screw. Funny that I had never noticed it before. Thanks for the tip.