PDA

View Full Version : Lee explains later fat Cruise Missile for 6.5x55 Swede

Hang Fire
06-14-2010, 03:11 AM
This may have already been posted, but only found threads relating to later Cruise Missile molds throwing fatter boolits, but not as to the why.

As per Lee, it is the way Mid-South custom ordered them as per the drawing that Midsouth submitted to them for making molds.

0.263" nose diameter at 0.185" forward of front band. Front band at 0.267", all other bands at 0.270" diameter.

With WW, the mold I have from Midsouth casts nose at .0264", front band at 0.268" and other bands at 0.271" as per the above

Bret4207
06-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Don't tell anyone I said this, but since when did they care about what the specs were?

Sorry, that's just spiteful I guess, but I'm flawed like that.

azcruiser
06-15-2010, 03:10 AM
all that 0.000 stuff ?? never paid it that much attention now at my age if I can see something 3 in dia a t 50yrds I.m doing real good that 0.000 stuff hurts my eyes

303Guy
06-15-2010, 06:02 AM
Sorry, that's just spiteful I guess, but I'm flawed like thatThere aint not one of us who's perfect!:drinks:

if I can see something 3 in dia a t 50yrds I.m doing real good that 0.000 stuff hurts my eyes Hee hee! Actually I can see pretty good at a distance in good light - I'm very thankful for that. Up close, in not so good light however ..... [smilie=1:

But if'n ya reely wanna get confussed, try me fansee digital micrometer. The dang thing measures three decimals of millimeters! It responds to change in temperature![smilie=b:
Umm... that would would be like .00004" to you good folks!:mrgreen:

45 2.1
06-15-2010, 08:18 AM
This may have already been posted, but only found threads relating to later Cruise Missile molds throwing fatter boolits, but not as to the why.

As per Lee, it is the way Mid-South custom ordered them as per the drawing that Midsouth submitted to them for making molds.

Quite an interesting excuse................. Since its my drawing they're talking about. They got the same drawing from MidSouth that was sent in on the original GB Honcho'd by Oldfeller. Nothing was ever changed.......... except their range of tolerences......... their spec range, not ours. Since they have turned out quite a big range of diameters from the same drawing, one would wonder whats going on.......... now wouldn't one. :bigsmyl2:

azcruiser
06-16-2010, 06:02 PM
303 get a bottle of that trail boss powder here it $15.00 a bottle think there 14o/z not a pound
its sol fluffy

Dannix
06-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Since its my drawing they're talking about.
Loosing your edge, eh? :kidding:

geargnasher
06-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Quite an interesting excuse................. Since its my drawing they're talking about. They got the same drawing from MidSouth that was sent in on the original GB Honcho'd by Oldfeller. Nothing was ever changed.......... except their range of tolerences......... their spec range, not ours. Since they have turned out quite a big range of diameters from the same drawing, one would wonder whats going on.......... now wouldn't one. :bigsmyl2:

Nope, I just buy either from custom manufacturers or known-good used moulds from individuals now, been burned too many times by big-name junk.

That reminds me, is BABore contemplating production of the Cruise Missile based on your ORIGINAL drawing (Oldfeller's design IIRC), or have you and he modified it?

Gear

Old Goat Keeper
06-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Sort of off topic but since it was used here...what does "IIRC" mean?

Tom who really IS a dumb dutchman

geargnasher
06-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Took me a while to figure it out, too once, it means "if I remember correctly" (IIRC;)).

Gear

BCall
06-17-2010, 12:28 AM
IIRC- If I Recall Correctly

Oops. ya beat me to it.

45 2.1
06-17-2010, 06:38 AM
That reminds me, is BABore contemplating production of the Cruise Missile based on your ORIGINAL drawing (Oldfeller's design IIRC), or have you and he modified it? Gear

The original design works fine, no need to change it. BRP has certain restrictions in his ability to produce odd stuff. Anything not straight or square needs to be within a half degree or within reasonable radius units so the machine can be set up to produce it. No computer controlled codes are used there.

He has had the drawing for some time, but he needs SOME INTEREST in the cruise missle before he will cut a cherry for it. If you all want a cruise missle cut to the original specs, give him a call.