PDA

View Full Version : Very Good Medium $$$ Scope Review

Suo Gan
06-13-2010, 12:48 PM
If you are on the market this is a must read.
http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21176&KW=cheap+review&PID=267216#267216

RobS
06-13-2010, 02:16 PM
How about that range the writer is shooting at.............WOW

Good article.

ka0tqv
07-30-2010, 01:25 PM
In the June 1986 issue of American Hunter, Finn Aagaard wrote an article The Scope Power Dilemma. Basically he stated that the majority of hunters were overscoped. You don't need a 3-9 power scope to kill a deer o wood chuck at a reasonable range, Variable scopes are heavier, have more parts, cost more and much more prone to failure than the single power ones. A gun dealer hardly ever praises the low power ones. The big profit is in the big scopes. For the serious target shooter, I can see the need for a variable. Aagaard used and recommends the Weaver K 2.5, K3 and K4. They were simple and they did the job. I have a K2,5 on a Browning BLR 308Win and a K4 on a Winchester 88 also 308 Win. I also own a Remington 580 SS 22 cal, on which I am going to mout a Weaver C6. As you can see, Finn made a Weaver fan out of me.

Wife sez "Can't understand why you spread catnip in front of your targets."

Changeling
07-30-2010, 01:51 PM
For those that are interested in a new scope, it would do you well to take a long hard look at a Company called SIGHTRON. I have most of the top tier scopes made at one time or another.
I have had nothing that can hold zero as well as the mid to top tier SIGHTRON scopes.

montana_charlie
07-30-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't keep many guns around, and I change guns only rarely. I (usually) only have one centerfire rifle that I call my 'deer gun'.
It does all jobs from coyote to elk.

As that gun changes, the scope gets moved to the new arrival. It is a Weaver V7 that I bought in 1969. It has never failed me...

CM

Lloyd Smale
08-02-2010, 07:14 AM
I know hes spot on with his opinion of the pro staffs low light capabilitys. I bought two before i knew better and im sure not impressed.

Blammer
08-02-2010, 09:39 AM
I suspect that if you actually DO manage to bludgeon a killer whale to death and want a new scope they'll probably give you a replacement.

that was hilarious.

I may be overscoped on my deer hunting rifles, but it is because I hunt in the woods and sometimes need to pick out a set of horns in the dim light and brown cover before shooting, and a really good scope helps with that.