PDA

View Full Version : I've created a monster

NSP64
06-13-2010, 12:04 PM
And now I must supply her with another gun!!! This week she decided she wanted a Taurus TCP. A pink .380 auto. Anyone load for this gun? I found the thread on .380 loads but didn't see any TCP loads. I have the lee 105gr SWC mold that I use for her .38 spl and was wondering if anyone loads their TCP with this boolit.

RobS
06-13-2010, 12:08 PM
I have not loaded it for a 380 but in the 38 it is an accurate bullet as you probably already know. The only thing that the SWC may give you problems with is feeding or cycling. Load up a few and give er a go and see how far you get. If it cycles it should be a good plinker load. Good to see you have yourself a shooting partner; it's hard to get them interested sometimes.

NSP64
06-13-2010, 12:14 PM
I saw in a thread that people are loading it in their Ruger LCPs with no problem. The Taurus is a short recoil/ tilt barrel also.

BCall
06-13-2010, 12:27 PM
I have loaded the Lee 105 in a number of 380's without any trouble. A couple of LCP's, Hi-Point, and some others. It shot very well in all of them, and you can get it in a 6 cavity, a big plus in my book.

I have a friend that just got one of the Taurus TCP's though, and I got to look it over this weekend. Nice and light, I like the lock open slide and slide release, but he is having trouble with his. It does not want to go bang every time. Looks like the disconnect is a bit tight on the frame, and doesn't always release. Shoots good when it works, but hard to trust right now. Hopefully Taurus will sort it out. FWIW, Billy

Shiloh
06-13-2010, 04:58 PM
WW 231 or Unique with the LEE 105 SWC in my limited experience with this cartridge.
Feeding was a bit of an issue with a Bersa the fellow was shooting.

SHiloh

DJ303
06-14-2010, 06:24 AM
I'm using the Lee 356-102-1R over 2.6 grains of HP-38. Pretty mild plinking load.It cycles fine & doesn't fling the brass very far.
I've shot about 250 rounds so far, & haven't had any failures of any kind so far.