PDA

View Full Version : $203 swede & cruise missle

6.5 mike
06-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Took the swede & some others to the range today, had 22 loaded for the swede with unique & the cruisers. Only 2 showed signs of tipping, all the others hit straight on so looks like I'm on the right track. I was kinda worried cuz they are seated so deep, but no problem. The nny brass worked great, I'll load the rest this weekend for next time. The 2 tippers where early shots, after the bore seasoned everthing smoothed out. I gotta do something with this trigger, real hard & REAL long. A far cry from the set trigger on the sharps, lol.

skeet1
06-11-2010, 09:00 PM
6.5 mike,
I also have a Swede (1917) and a cruise missile mould that I have been playing with for the last few weeks. I also have been using Unique powder (11.0 gr.) with the bullet loaded deeper that I would like but like you I have not had and problems with tipping bullets or leaded barrel. I am shooting at 60 yards as that is all the distance I have at this time. I think this is going to be a very sweet shooting combination.

06-12-2010, 10:26 AM
6.5 mike,
My 1901 Swede sure likes its Timney.

6.5 mike
06-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Skeet 1, all I was shooting was 50 yds & your'e right about a sweet shooter. Crosshairs only moved a couple widths on the target each shot. It wants to group them together just fighting the trigger.
462, looks like a call to brownell's monday, I like your avater, my favorite Duke movie.
Best of all, both of BaBore's 6.5 molds showed up today. [smilie=w: