PDA

View Full Version : The scale revisited.

buck1
05-09-2005, 01:05 AM
After reading the post on weighing boolits I thought I would give it a try. I didnt want to get too picky so I sorted in .4 gr groupings. My 165 ish gr 30 cal bullet never shot soooo good! It really helped my groups and flyers went away! I remelt the too light ones, and save the heavy ones for fouling shots.
I am now with sundog and the others that belive in the scale!!!! ....Buck

carpetman
05-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Buck 1--Certainly holding 165 grainers to .4 of a grain is not too picky gosh thats only .002% We wouldnt want to make it a precision deal.

buck1
05-09-2005, 10:21 PM
I'm Just getting started! I plan to drop a tenth at a time from the groupings and find where it no longer helps. I dont want to have 500 boolets and not even 100 for the same batch. at .4 the 1 3/4 " at 100 droped to about 1 1/4 ". and no flyers!!!! I think . 2 will be the magic # but already at .4 I am likeing what I see. The biger the batch that shoots well the better I like it. Heck I once swore I would never weigh my boolits ,but I am eating those words now!
I saw your point in the other thread , we check everything else. It only makes sence. I'm just a little slow to get down off my horse sometimes. .........buck