PDA

View Full Version : thomson center boolit mould

bigted
06-09-2010, 11:03 AM
hey all. im looking for a t/c mould that throws the 320 gr boolit and also mould for the350 boolit .

ive looked here and other places and havnt found these moulds for sale. any ideas please?:lovebooli

bigted
06-09-2010, 11:07 AM
sorry i just reread the post and neglected to say that it / they need to be 50 cal. lol

the reason i want these particular moulds is that i get clover groups with my rifle and these factory boolits and i want to make em myself and spend less on boolits and more on powder

thanks in advance.

Maven
06-09-2010, 12:00 PM
bigted, I take it you're searching for a concical bullet? If so, T/C made, or rather, sold under its name, a .50cal. Maxi-Ball mold, which was of excellent quality, but cast a 370 gr. bullet (pure Pb). Lee Precision, however, still makes REAL bullet molds (Rifling Engraved At Loading) in exactly the weights you mentioned.

StarMetal
06-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Go here:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=515625

Get the Maxi-Ball bullet. I've been shooting it since 1972 and it's a better bullet then the REAL and it loads easier too. It does everything that TC said it would from the very beginning to now.

It's accurate with the right twist and it's a definite performer on deer.

bigted
06-09-2010, 12:31 PM
mavin,,,yes the 320 gr exists and from thomson center. ive got three more boxs of them but they are expensive and i wanna cast em myself.these boolits really shoot well in my encore and i hate to give up on a know performer but then i guess more range work and more clouds of smoke cant be a bad thing for trying another boolit huh. as for mid-usa i was just there and didnt see any mould from t/c in their lineup. were you meaning the lyman mould?

StarMetal
06-09-2010, 12:42 PM
mavin,,,yes the 320 gr exists and from thomson center. ive got three more boxs of them but they are expensive and i wanna cast em myself.these boolits really shoot well in my encore and i hate to give up on a know performer but then i guess more range work and more clouds of smoke cant be a bad thing for trying another boolit huh. as for mid-usa i was just there and didnt see any mould from t/c in their lineup. were you meaning the lyman mould?

Yes lyman always did make that mold for TC. My original come in a TC box, but the mold is marked Lyman and another interesting thing is the mold is aluminum.

StarMetal
06-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Maven,

Here's a picture of the bullet he is talking about:
http://media.midwayusa.com/ProductImages/Large/574319.jpg

I'm not sure anyone makes that mold for sale.

bigted
06-09-2010, 12:58 PM
well just ordered the lyman mould. now to wait for the dogteams to deliver it up here in the frozen north.

more clouds of smoke and more trigger time with the encore,,,,,,aww what a drag,,,,,sucks to be me huh...lol well ill tell more when i got the storie to tell. thanks fellas more news at 11 so to speak

Maven
06-09-2010, 01:41 PM
I've never sseen that mold. By chance is it the Maxi-Hunter (with a shallow hollow point)? If it is, it's a rare bird.

StarMetal
06-09-2010, 02:21 PM
I've never sseen that mold. By chance is it the Maxi-Hunter (with a shallow hollow point)? If it is, it's a rare bird.

Paul,

This is the Maxi Hunter:
http://media.midwayusa.com/ProductImages/Medium/243149.jpg

Maven
06-09-2010, 06:03 PM
bigted & Joe, That T/C 320 gr. mold is new to me: hve neither seen nor heard of it. On the other hand, I'm quite familiar with the Lee REAL's, as well as the T/C Maxi-Ball & Maxi-Hunter. Thanks for opening my eyes!

MT Gianni
06-09-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't think TC sold the mold, just over the counter bullets. The Maxi I have weighs in around 370 as well.

StarMetal
06-09-2010, 09:24 PM
All I recall the mold for was the 370 one.

BCall
06-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I have a T/C Maxi-ball mold and one of the maxi-hunter molds, neither were made by Lyman. I have never seen one for the 320 gr listed in post #7. Billy