PDA

View Full Version : RCBS praise

wallenba
06-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Just another testamonial about RCBS custmer service. The return spring for my old RCBS bench mounted priming tool snapped while I was removing it to lube the pivot bolt. Two minutes on the phone it's in the mail along with a new handle grip to replace the electricians tape on the twenty five year old wonder. No charge. No postage. Gratis....:smile:

dromia
06-09-2010, 04:32 AM
You have to love RCBS. :D

RugerFan
06-09-2010, 07:12 AM
I’ve had similar experiences. Last year I bought a used RCBS case station that had fairly dull case mouth chamfer heads after years of use. I e-mailed RCBS to inquire about purchasing new heads. They asked for my mailing address and sent me new heads free of charge.

1hole
06-09-2010, 08:35 AM
"Two minutes on the phone it's in the mail along with a new handle grip to replace the electricians tape on the twenty five year old wonder. No charge. No postage. Gratis.... "

Not quite "gratis"... it was fully paid for in the original purchase price. And the "free" parts really don't cost them much.

3006guns
06-09-2010, 08:49 AM
1hole........you're probably right, but ever since RCBS adopted their service policy my respect for them has grown immensely.

I have one of their ram priming tools and managed to split the large cup, probably a two bit part. I called to buy a replacement and actually got into an argument with the girl on the phone. I insisted that the damage was my fault and not a defective part. She wouldn't listen and I received TWO complete priming posts....small and large.......three days later. I was impressed.

It's a good policy that will keep a lot of customers.

2shot
06-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I just bought the RCBS bench mounted priming tool. Hope it's as good as people say in the reviews. After years of strugling with accuracy issues while shooting NRA Bullseye matches I finally figured out that it was the different primer depths from using a hand held priming tool that cause the problem. I found this out when I had a 2700 match coming up and needed to reload a bunch of 45's and my Lee hand priming tool broke. Went back to using my old single stage RCBS Rockchucker for priming and went from shooting high Marksman to Master scores outdoors. The only change was how I was seating the primers.

Sorry, don't mean to highjack your thread. I have used RCBS products since the 1970's and they have always been good to me. It's refreshing to hear your experiance in todays world.

2shot

06-09-2010, 09:23 AM
I am super impressed with RCBS i about 8 months ago picked up a guys entire reloading setup, story was he hadn't had a job in two years and he was headed out (i saw him saturday) to Arizona had a job lined up had to be there on wednesday. So i took all his stuff. I paid him what he wanted no questions asked then discovered a lot of his RCBS stuff had been abused/neglected so i made a list of parts emailed RCBS and explained hey i got these from another guys i need these parts call me for a credit card number. I got a HUGE box in the mail full of parts. I was impressed.

Just last night i' was working on depriming a large group of a .223 for my .223 for boolits swap, and my .223 sizing die was giving me trouble i checked the cases all was in speck but the internals of the decapping assembly was causing problems. Broken pins and stuck cases finally i had to give up and email the guy about making a different deal when my entire decapping assembly looked like an S. I call RCBS explained again that i got these dies from a guy who abused his tools rather then used them and explained what had happened. The lady said "sugar (she was older) well that just has to be frustrating i'll send you out a new die you just chuck that one in the trash if the insides are busted then there is no telling what else is wrong with it." i told her no i had loaded about 1k rounds on it myself since i'd had it but that i just needed a new decapping assembly. She responded just like my wife "okay, yes sounds good. What is your address?" I can guarantee you that she's going to send me a new die because she got that wife like tone in her voice the "i know you think you know what is best but we're going to do it my way any way tone"

RCBS is second to none in my book and i'll buy the green box whenever i can.

1hole
06-09-2010, 03:02 PM
"...lady said "sugar (she was older) well that just has to be frustrating i'll send you out a new die you just chuck that one in the trash "

That's good, I'm glad for you. About two years ago I called to buy a replacement sizer body that had rusted in storage after a move. The nice CS lady refused to sell me a replacement sizer body but said she could sell me a new complete set at the full "list" price, plus shipping. I thanked her just as nicely and said I'd get it locally. Did too...Lee... it works as well as the original RCBS and at MUCH less cost.