PDA

View Full Version : I jumped in with both feet

BCall
06-06-2010, 08:40 PM
I have never owned a black powder revolver, and had been considering one for some time, just never found any deal I liked. Now that my finances are back in the black, I found a gentleman wanting to sell 2 pretty reasonable. A Euroarms Rogers&Spencer and a Uberti 1873 Cattleman precussion. Both were still in the box, and I don't think either of them have been fired, although I'm not sure about the R&S. I know the 1873 is still never shot. It looks great. I like the 1873, I've never had a Colt or a Colt replica, and it feels nice. Cocks easily and the trigger feels light, although I have yet to actually try it as I didn't want to damage the nipples and I don't have any caps.

The R&S had a spare set of nipples and a powder flask and measure with it as well as a nipple wrench of sorts. It fits my rather large hands nicely and points better than the 1873 for me, but is much harder to cock and the trigger seems heavier. The finish is nowhere close to what the 1873 has, but it is in good shape.

Don't know what I'm going to do with them, I don't need them both. But after some trading I've only got about $350 in the pair. I didn't think that was too bad. How did I do? I'm not completely new to muzzleloading, but I've only worked with my CVA Optima Elite inlines until now. Looking forward to working with them.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh259/blcall/SN850924.jpg

Catshooter
06-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Nice work Billy, I think ya done good!

Cat

Andy Mac
06-07-2010, 03:17 AM
I have owned both of these replicas.The R&S shoots very well,but i never had any luck with the uberti.I couldn't hit a barn door at ten paces.It did feel real nice in the hand though.I hope you have more luck with yours.