PDA

View Full Version : H. T. (Trevor) BUGG passes.

Bigjohn
08-08-2006, 02:34 AM
G'day from downunder;
This is for all us aussies here and those o'seas shooters that knew him.

H. T. (Trevor) BUGG, Australian mold and barrel maker passed away on the 2nd August 2006 after a long illness.

Trevor had been making boolit molds for some years before I met him in 1986 and acquired my first BUGG mold. At that time he was about to retire from his employment and take up mold and barrel making from home.
He had just acquired the barrel making machine which had been built by an engineering firm in Adelaide as a possible source of alternative income when engineering jobs were light on.

With his molds and barrels, he built up a reputation for excellent work. Also, Trevor was active in the local shooting competition scene mainly with muzzleloaders and it was at his club that I first met him.

Those shooters lucky enough to have a BUGG Barrel on there firearm know that if they are doing there part right then they can expect excellent groups on the target. This I think will be Trevor's legacy.

Requiescat in pace, Trevor.

John.

gregg
08-08-2006, 02:50 AM
I have never heard of him but so glad you posted the information.
Wished I had know him. You down under boys have been very
inlighting(sp) Thank You

Flintlockrecord
08-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Real sad to hear that. I have met Trevor a few times when competing in muzzle loading shoots in Adelaide. Never had the good fortune to own any of his molds. He was one of the organisers for the last Trans Tasman I attended in Australia 3 years ago. He will be missed.

Flintlockrecord