PDA

View Full Version : Magma Mk4 Bullet Master questions.

buckshot&brass
06-04-2010, 11:28 PM
I have a opportunity to buy a Magma Mk4 bullet master.
I know very little about this machine.
Anyone have one.....had one?
Googles not bringing up much.

Wondering what molds I can use.
Will this real speed up my casting....make it easier?
I don't believe that it has a blower.
Should I consider adding one?

Any information is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Casting Timmy
06-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Magma has some videos on youtube. I'd start by watching a couple of those and seeing the machine work. Magma has a website that you can see what molds they have to offer for the machine and how much molds and new machines cost.

There are a few posts about these and one thing I remember someone saying was be sure to have plenty of lead on hand as it takes a lot to keep them feed.

GabbyM
06-05-2010, 10:42 AM
You sure you're looking at a MKIV Bullet Master and not the Master Caster. The Bullet Master is the commercial machine which holds eight moulds on a carousel. Master Caster holds one mold and is manually operated.

They will use double cavity iron or steel moulds. Saeco , RCBS , Lyman. Or the Magma moulds. Some machine work is needed. A drill press with good squared up vise is all that is needed. With Lyman moulds all you do is drill out the sprue plate hing hole 1/4” all the way though then counter bore the bottom side for the spring. The others you have to locate hing bolt location and also drill and tap holes for the mounting keys. Conversion kits from magma are over twenty dollars each and include a sprue plate and hinge bolt plus two mounting keys which fit into the handle slots. On the RCBS mold blocks you also need to open the key ways up which is a milling operation. What I've done when no mill was handy is to grind down the keys. Which are hardened steel and takes a bit of persistence to grind them down.

buckshot&brass
06-05-2010, 06:00 PM
It's the MkIV Bullet Master.

It's obvious that it will turn out a lot of bullets but........
Will the time saved be lost due to sorting out badly formed bullets and machine setup?

Do you have to use eight molds at a time or can you run four or five?

angus6
06-05-2010, 09:09 PM
I've got the Mk V , it runs right at 2400 hr , yes get a blower I don't run it all the time but do use it, once you've got running it down there isn't a lot of junk bulllets, set-up is 15 mins +/- eastest way that i see to only run part of the molds would be adding a plc which are pretty cheap these days

deltaenterprizes
06-05-2010, 11:36 PM
I had 3 of them, there are ways to use less than 8 molds.

louisfarrugia
01-14-2011, 03:30 AM
You sure you're looking at a MKIV Bullet Master and not the Master Caster. The Bullet Master is the commercial machine which holds eight moulds on a carousel. Master Caster holds one mold and is manually operated.

They will use double cavity iron or steel moulds. Saeco , RCBS , Lyman. Or the Magma moulds. Some machine work is needed. A drill press with good squared up vise is all that is needed. With Lyman moulds all you do is drill out the sprue plate hing hole 1/4” all the way though then counter bore the bottom side for the spring. The others you have to locate hing bolt location and also drill and tap holes for the mounting keys. Conversion kits from magma are over twenty dollars each and include a sprue plate and hinge bolt plus two mounting keys which fit into the handle slots. On the RCBS mold blocks you also need to open the key ways up which is a milling operation. What I've done when no mill was handy is to grind down the keys. Which are hardened steel and takes a bit of persistence to grind them down.

HI i am looking for a commercial cater in good working order and lube sizer do you know of any one who has.
thanks in advance
LUIS FARRUGIA
MALTA EUROPE

LAH
01-14-2011, 10:58 PM
I have a opportunity to buy a Magma Mk4 bullet master.
I know very little about this machine.
Anyone have one.....had one?
Googles not bringing up much.

Wondering what molds I can use.
Will this real speed up my casting....make it easier?
I don't believe that it has a blower.
Should I consider adding one?

Any information is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I have one. You can use Ballisti-Cast, Lyman, RCBS, & Saeco moulds plus Magma's own. Expect 2000-2400 BPH. My machine uses two blowers.

louisfarrugia
01-18-2011, 04:05 AM
I've got the Mk V , it runs right at 2400 hr , yes get a blower I don't run it all the time but do use it, once you've got running it down there isn't a lot of junk bulllets, set-up is 15 mins +/- eastest way that i see to only run part of the molds would be adding a plc which are pretty cheap these days

Hi i am a target shooter IPSC and i would like to buy a magma caster and lube sizer commercial or Balisti Cast used in good condition your help will be appreciated.
thanks
louis farrugia

deltaenterprizes
01-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Hi i am a target shooter IPSC and i would like to buy a magma caster and lube sizer commercial or Balisti Cast used in good condition your help will be appreciated.
thanks
louis farrugia

These machines are considered "war material" and need State Department approval for export.

louisfarrugia
01-18-2011, 02:00 PM
These machines are considered "war material" and need State Department approval for export.

RE permit no problem I have a dealer's permit so I can inport ammo and guns.
I run a shooting range so I sell reloads to my frinds i have a magma caster but now it is to slow for me so i like to up grade.
thanks
louis farrugia
MALTA EUROPE

deltaenterprizes
01-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Contact Magma Engineering. I do not know if most people will have the knowledge and resources to be able to get the proper paper work needed on both sides to do a smooth transaction.

LAH
01-19-2011, 10:26 AM
You should also contact Ballisti-Cast as they sell used & reconditioned machines.

louisfarrugia
01-22-2011, 01:42 PM
You should also contact Ballisti-Cast as they sell used & reconditioned machines.

Hi I called magma an Ballisti-cast they don't have any reconditioned machines only new as i would like a caster and lube sizer commercial it is to price for me.