PDA

View Full Version : My portable press box

cheese1566
06-04-2010, 06:02 PM
My portable press box. Easy enough to make out of some scrap 3/4" plywood and aluminum angle.
Stout enough for light work, but no heavy sizing. Should work good for a dedicated press for primer pocket swaging and/or Lee bullet sizing.
Thanks to beanflip for pics and measurements from his!:drinks:

beanflip
06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Wow cheese that looks good........ nice job!!:drinks:

EMC45
06-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Saw one like that that the Amish make...Pretty cool!

jmsj
06-05-2010, 09:37 AM
cheese,
That looks great, had one similar in the early 90's. I made it long enough to store the press in it so I could take it to the McKay-Dee range, near Salt Lake City, and try differeny loads while at the range. If you got lucky you could park behind the bench you were shooting from. Made it real handy for developing loads.
Like a dummy I left it in the bed of my pickup while running errands after shooting and when I came out of a store it was gone, box, press,scale and all

M4Sherman
06-06-2010, 11:51 AM
neat idea! I can imagine that it would be useful if you can shoot at home and thus gives you the ability to adjust your recipe

Crash_Corrigan
06-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Speaking of NM:

1-Lived there for 4 years and was treated like a black man in NYC in the 50's....rampant discrimination against Gringos and Anglos by the locals

2-Corruption at all levels of government...worked at a Police Lieutenant in small village of Corrales for 2 years and saw it first hand....

3-Crime is worse than NYC in Albquerque....drove a cab there for two years at night and carried two guns for self defense...had to shoot only one person...but had to draw down on at least 5 other occasions to prevent assault or robbery..

4-Alcohol abuse by a large portion of the population was really scary....drunks everywhere and driving was a true adventure..

5-Economy was in the dumper for the 4 years I was there 89-93. Jobs tought to find and when found pay was low and again was told by co workers "slow down....you are making us look bad....manana, manana"

6-Moved to Vegas in '93 and was always able to find a decent job and was treated fairly. Crime is nowhere near as bad as in NM and I have not had to shoot anybody yet....

tdd4570
06-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Crash

Why are you badmouthing NM in this thread???

JesterGrin_1
06-25-2010, 06:03 PM
cheese,
That looks great, had one similar in the early 90's. I made it long enough to store the press in it so I could take it to the McKay-Dee range, near Salt Lake City, and try differeny loads while at the range. If you got lucky you could park behind the bench you were shooting from. Made it real handy for developing loads.
Like a dummy I left it in the bed of my pickup while running errands after shooting and when I came out of a store it was gone, box, press,scale and all

Crash

Why are you badmouthing NM in this thread???

I think what got him going was the theft of the reloading stuff.

You think it was bad in NM Move to San Antonio Texas lol.

Crash_Corrigan
06-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Cuz I was treated like **** there for four years and crime was really bad there.

Because of my NY accent. Because I worked faster and smarter than the locals.

Because of the miserable people there and the incompetency of the goverment that ran it.

I left NM in early '93 for Vegas. I paid my income tax to the state of NM in the spring and they lost the money. They had hired an outside company to process the filings and they claimed that I did not pay them.

I paid the taxes with a personal check and 2 years later the bank had gone under (more incompetency) and they could not provide me a copy of my check. All they could do was to mail me a monthly statement showing that I had a check paid out for the exact amount of money that the NM state government told me that they were missing.

They did not believe me. Multiple phone calls and many letters to the person handling the case led me to belive that the person I was dealing with was mentally retarded. The ended up filing a lien against me that caused me a lot of troubles down the road years later when I wanted to buy a house in NV.

And to top it off they also came after me because I did not file NM income tax returns for '93 and '94 after I had moved to NV. They also did not believe I now lived in NV. Even after I sent them copies of my Federal Tax returns showing a NV address they kept after me.

There are more reasons than those listed above but those are the highlights.

Great scenery, great weather, lousy economy and miserable people..

dk17hmr
06-27-2010, 02:04 AM
Nice looking box. I will have to take a pic of mine sometime and put it up. I clamp mine to the kitchen table......on downside to living in an appartment is not alot of extra room.

David2011
06-27-2010, 10:37 AM
I still don't understand where NM came into this. Salt Lake City is usually considered to be in Utah.

Nice protable box!

David

Hang Fire
06-29-2010, 05:36 PM
I guess we all have different experiences in different places. I worked in the Four Corners area of NM for a while and found it quite nice. Had several Navajo Indian mechanics working on the heavy equipment. Found them to be intelligent and hard working, especially the younger ones, they took on every job like they had to prove they were good, and they were.

Taylor
07-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Give the man a break,we all have places we don't like.I don't like Clarksville,Tn.,I suppose I could move,but not for another 3 years anyway.Just because I live here,does't mean I have to like it.The wife wants to move to Wyoming,me maybe back to the mountains of Ky.However,it's still a sharp looking box,and a good idea.