PDA

View Full Version : encore ml info

bigted
06-03-2010, 07:16 AM
went back 12 pages and tryed the search but to no avail. either the encore 209+50 is not very popular or im searchin the wrong place for posts about it.

i found one today and it followed me home and ive been trying to get some info on it as for loading and boolits as well as rb's. loads and accuracy.

is this a *** or have i scored? i really like the thought of a 22lr barrel and a shotgun as well as rifle calibers for this platform. any thoughts out there??

thanks, Ted

10 ga
06-03-2010, 02:52 PM
The guys around here who have Encores and BP barrels mostly use Blackhorn 209 powder and 300 gr. SST in a sabot. I stick with Swiss BP and my own cast boolits(see BRP in the vendors section). If you call TC they will send you the paperwork that usually comes with an Encore ML or you can get the PDFs right off of their website.
http://www.tcarms.com/
10 ga

largom
06-03-2010, 08:43 PM
I use Triple 7 and the Thompson Center Shockwave in both of mine. My son-in-law uses the same thing and would not part with that gun for anything. We have about a dozen different barrels for them which can be a little finicky to make accurate. Would suggest you check out Mike Belm's web site for lots of TC Encore info. Do a search for belms tc.

Larry

bigted
06-09-2010, 11:44 AM
well i went out and smoked the encore yesterday. what a treat. shot 320 gr t/c boolits with borebutter ahead of 60 gr pyro pellets. charged with 209's it put clover groups as long as i wanted to shoot em at 50 yds. very easy on the shoulder and mild mannered.

then went to 90 gr same boolit same primer,,,little more punch and the same accuracy. im very pleased with this new toy and im wondering why it took so long to try one of these.

was so pleased that i went rite down and purchased the black n blue stock to replace the factory wood that is blond and very plain. turned into a sexy rifle and now it pleases to look at as well as shoot.

want to try rb's...any thoughts on these or is the twist too fast?

smoked turkey
06-10-2010, 12:54 AM
bigted:
I have the 209x50 ml barrel for my encore. I do like it and it is very accurate as you stated. I use Pyro RS. Normally try the lighter charges such as the 60 gr. you mention.
I have the 22lr barrel and wouldn't part with it. It will knock down soda caps at 50 yards all day long. Love it in the squirrel woods. I also want a smooth bore for it some day. Good shooting and hope you enjoy yours also.