PDA

View Full Version : Busy 3 days....

dk17hmr
08-06-2006, 10:22 PM
I had a number of projects on the list this weekend #1 was getting the grass cut, we cut about 6 acres, that doesnt take long with our Cub with a 54" cut but it was long, we hadnt cut in 2 weeks because of the rain we have been getting.

#2 was getting my "Ka-Bar" done. Its of ka-bar blade design with some alterations. Also made the handle out of a Mule Deer antler instead of leather ovals. It also has a Stainless Steel heal. I am pretty happy with it just need to work on getting a good edge on it. Pics to come when I get my hands on a camera.

#3 was getting some bullets casted up for 45-70, I only got about 40 done before I ran out of gas in my Coleman. I got about 20 405gr and 20 500gr. Cast out of WW and quenched. The 405s are a nose pour hollow base and the nose doesnt always cut right so I made a jig a few weeks ago that takes about a thirty-seconded of the top of the bullet with hammer and a chisel, also make the bullets almost a perfect 400gr. Well I got my 405s done so I got to lookin at the 500gr Pointed bullets and thought to myself "self that would be need if you wake the top off them" So I did with my jig and chisel. End result is a 470 gr (point sticks up further) Im going to see how it works out should make a nice thumber.

#4 was to try to cast a 2 alloy bullet, I made a measure for pure lead out of a 38 special case and finished product was alright I tryed it with 500gr pointed. The 38 worked out well because it was about at the first drive band so all the body is WW and the tip is pure.

Only thing I didnt get done was makin a shealth out of an old leather belt for my knife.