PDA

View Full Version : JPW and beeswax

Ekalb2000
06-01-2010, 01:21 PM
I mixed up 1/2lb JPW and 1/3/lb beeswax. While it was hot, I dipped a few 44mag boolits in there. It looks like the lube has shrunk. Would this still work for pistol and slower rifle loads?
If I gotta trash this lube its no big deal. I only have about 20min invested in this.
Thanks

andy

randyrat
06-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Too much Beeswax. Save it and make a little more, a little at a time using less beeswax. You can always add Alox to it also to make another lube.

Ekalb2000
06-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Should I add some more JPW to the mix? About 1/4lb of it should drop the beeswax mixture, rite?
Or should I throw in 1/4lb of vasoline?

Thanks

andy

randyrat
06-01-2010, 08:27 PM
I would just use the messed up lube as beeswax (because there is too much beeswax in there already) and start over.
For example; lubing a 100 bullets- heat up a blob of JPW then add a blob of LLA then add 1/3 rd blob of your messed up lube, melt all together. Pour over slightly heated bullets and mix together untill they are all coated.
Total amount of lube required to lube 100 bullets- my quess would be 2 Tablespoonfulls.
When i tumble lube, i heat the bullets up slightly so the lube coats evenly. You can do this all in one round bottom pan if done right.

Ekalb2000
06-01-2010, 08:53 PM
So this is more of a tumble lube? I hope your recipe is better than LLA. I have had no luck using that stuff.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Randy.

randyrat
06-02-2010, 07:02 AM
The right consistansy you can use JPW/LLA/BW in a Lube r sizer or others. As for it's goodness, i've used it for 45 acp and many other bullets.
I use Speed Green more now more than ever.. It is one of the best for me and it works in the winter at low temps. We have some extreme spreads of temp and it works all the time. Bullshop sells it year round or you can make it easily. Heck i've even tumble lubed with it.