PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try WARM Tumble lubing??

zomby woof
05-30-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm only set up for push through sizing. I've been warming up boolits and lube and tumbling them, with great result. This worked out well with a LLA/JPW mixture. I just got some BW. I've been experimenting with a LLA/JPW/Beeswax concoction. The addition of BW seems to harden up the lube very quickly. This looks good to me. Has anyone else tried this?

Shiloh
05-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Yup,

I leave the boolits in a large can in the sun for while. Warm my thinned alox lube in the microwave to get it good an loose, and lube. Dries in Hurry and coats quite completely. Don't over due the lube. A little goes a long way and is fine.

SHiloh

fryboy
05-30-2010, 09:47 PM
havent tried the bee's wax with it yet but i have noted it in lube recipes in the recipe thread, i always warm umm the cast and concoction , u can come back pretty quick n size then relube them allin the same evening ( vs. 2 nites worth of drying time )

randyrat
06-01-2010, 07:23 PM
The trick is not to add too much beeswax. It will harden/shrink slightly and it's a waste using too much.

BAGTIC
07-05-2010, 05:53 PM
When I originally came up with JPW the procedure was simple, add a small amount of room temperature JPW to a partly filled jar of slightly warmed bullets and gitate by tumbling. That is still the way I do it.

It seems however that a lot of erstwhile alchemists are determined to gild the lily. They mutter incantations, add exotic ingredients (eye of newt, wing of bat, etc.) and perform mystical rituals by the light of a full moon in hopes that their mumbo-jumbo will cajole the spirits of darkness to work their their magic.

BTW, I recently found 500 rounds of ammo loaded about 20 years ago and then misplaced. Despite having been hauled 2200+ miles and stored in an unheated/uncooled outbuilding for the last 15 years the JPW lube is still tight, hard, non tacky and shows no sign of leading.

Ooga booga, hokus pocus... and to all a goodnight

randyrat
07-05-2010, 10:53 PM
"When I originally came up with JPW the procedure"
You actually came up with this idea? Thats cool

You realize Ooga boobaling hocus pocus is fun ...