PDA

View Full Version : single stroke multi cal check maker

edsmith
05-28-2010, 01:37 AM
I have stolen mrbill2s single stroke design and made a few mods to it, the caliber of check can be changed with out changing the main body. I will have photos in a few days. its not as pro looking as mrbills,but it works and that is all I care about.it is made with a 7/8x14 rod coupling as the main body,two short sections of 7/8x14 rod and a section of 5/8 rod. his design is in freechex craziness thread, I do need some help and ideas on being able to change the cutting and forming head on the ram with out screw threads,take a look at mrbills photos to see what I am talking about. any and all help is welcomed. I machined the head into the ram,but I need some way to change the head with out changing the whole ram. the head is the reason the check maker works like it should,the checks fall into a tray with out having to poke them out of the ram.that head design is brillant. ed

skimmerhead
05-28-2010, 01:52 AM
will be waiting with great anticapation for those photos, been keeping track of your progress.

skimmerhead:cbpour:

WILCO
05-28-2010, 02:21 AM
I machined the head into the ram,but I need some way to change the head with out changing the whole ram.

Why not make the head and the ram two seperate pieces, male and female, held together with small dog screws or press fit pins that could be pushed out with ease?

edsmith
06-01-2010, 12:52 AM
here is first photo,this is the cutter head. it is 3/4" long,the cutter section is 1/4" long,the band is is 3/16" the bottom section is 5/16" I drilled a 7/16" hole from the bottom to just a little from the top of the band for clearance for the check to drop. the band is 5/8" dia.

edsmith
06-01-2010, 01:09 AM
another photo.will post info after I post the photos,having trouble with posting the phots for some reason,never had trouble before. this the assembled check maker.

edsmith
06-01-2010, 01:41 AM
another photo,this shows the forming rod in the top section,the cutter ram,and the main body.the main body shows the bottom section,in the photo it is in the wrong end,it goes into the bottom of the main boty.

edsmith
06-01-2010, 02:23 AM
this is the parts of the check maker

edsmith
06-01-2010, 02:25 AM
one more photo,I will explain the parts tomorrow.