PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Gun Parts

miestro_jerry
05-28-2010, 12:58 AM
I order a manual for my Spanish FR8 and a 3 CD disk set from Tennesse Gun Parts.

Then I discovered on the surplus rifle forum that there is an 8 page thread about all the complaints against this company for product no received. Plus the forum says that this company has been a sponsor since they begain. There is a 8 page thread, it would longer, but the mod deletes things he deems not relevant. We all have bad days and we all have family problems, this company has been lagging behind for a good while, some of the forum favorites claim that they has been death and illness, but no one who has bought product has directly heard from the company and it's owner, one mod acts as an agent for this company on that forum.

I fear I have been ripped off. So don't buy from Tennessee Gun Parts and you can form your own opinions about that forum.

Jerry

Buckshot
05-28-2010, 03:23 AM
...............That's a shame, and I guess things change. It's been several years now but I did some business with him a few times and they were all just fine. I think the guy that owned TGP was and probably still IS a member of Gunboards. TGP had been around for some time.

............Buckshot

mike in co
05-28-2010, 09:29 AM
I have bought from them in the past and got what i ordered.

Ben
05-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Ditto Mike's comments.

Never had a problem of any type.
I think the guy's name was Layne that I did business with. He was prompt and professional. Keep in mind that was 5 or more yrs. ago, a lot can change in 5 yrs. ? ? ?

Ben

Hip's Ax
05-28-2010, 03:41 PM
TGP used to be really good, he had a lot of great Swiss stuff that no one else had. Last time, maybe 2 or more years ago, I ordered some stuff and had to hound him to get the items shipped.

miestro_jerry
05-28-2010, 09:33 PM
This is what I found out about TGP:

http://www.bbb.org/memphis/business-reviews/guns-and-gunsmiths/tennessee-gun-parts-in-covington-tn-44045110

What I have found at surplus rifle forum is a lot of we are not blame, instead of trying to help people. It was easy to find out information on this company, but that forum doesn't want that information posted.

Jerry

Shiloh
06-01-2010, 08:51 PM
They are rated as F on a scale of A+ to F. This does not inspire confidence in me.

Shiloh

garbear
06-03-2010, 11:09 PM
I finally recived my parts from them. I ordered back in the first part of April.

Brithunter
06-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Sadly Layne won't deal out of the US now due to the stupidity of all the paperwork and export licenses now required. I had brought from him before all this guff and it was fine but that was several years ago now..

I recall that his trailer with all his stock was cut from his pick up and stolen on the way back from a show. That was a few years back now just after they started having customs bits made up.

jh45gun
06-06-2010, 08:21 AM
I could be wrong on this but I do not think so. Back a few years ago I used to have the Curio and Relics License and bought Shotgun news all the time. There was an outfit from Tenn that sold stuff really cheap. I found out later most of it was junk. I bought a Spanish Mauser from them that was NOT as advertised it was so bad it could hardly be considered a parts gun. Now the name of that company was NOT Tennessee Guns it was named (blank) trading company. I do not remember the exact name but the place had so many complaints they changed their name and I think this is the same company as when I looked at the ads the city stayed the same as did the add looked the same just a different name which I am pretty sure changed to Tenn Guns.

Buckshot
06-07-2010, 03:29 AM
[QUOTE=jh45gun;914577]I could be wrong on this but I do not think so. Back a few years ago I used to have the Curio and Relics License and bought Shotgun news all the time. There was an outfit from Tenn that sold stuff really cheap. I found out later most of it was junk. I bought a Spanish Mauser from them that was NOT as advertised it was so bad it could hardly be considered a parts gun. Now the name of that company was NOT Tennessee Guns [QUOTE]

...............HA! That sounds like Hunter's Lodge. All except the 'cheap part', that is. I had an 01 FFL from 1980 to 2000, and back about '91 or '92 I'd gotten a flyer from them and one of the items they had were some scarce German engineer's bayonets they'd 'found' in some warehouse and were without scabards. They were listed as complete with handles but showed signs of long term storage.

Their 'Long Term Storage' looked to me like the warehouse must have recieved special attention from the 8th Air Force during WW2. Several times as a matter of fact, and after burning to the ground it must have then been flooded until these bayonets were somehow recovered from the wreakage. The blades had orange flaky rust over most of the surface and there were bits of wood stuck to them around the rivits where the handles were supposed to have been.

A phone call to them said they'd be glad to give me a refund less a 10% handleing fee, and I had to pay the return postage. I said I thought it rather unfair to charge me $9 as a handleing fee simply to have some guy toss it back into the swimming pool where it'd obviously been kept? I did send it back and never did another dimes worth of business with them again.

..................Buckshot

jh45gun
06-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Yep thanks Buckshot that is who I am trying to think of. So my mistake it was not Tenn Gun parts. So anyway if you guys think Tenn Gun parts is bad Stay away from Hunters Lodge they really suck in service and product.