PDA

View Full Version : Another 476-400 mould

DLCTEX
05-27-2010, 11:12 PM
I was winner on Ebay today for a Lee 2 cav. I was only bidder, so I guess there's not too many of us out here shooting the 476 bore guns. I'm thinking I will hollowpoint one cavity and maybe use a Lyman hollowpoint pin I have. I will have to shorten one alignment pin and tap a screw hole to retain the pin. If I have to set the front part of the mould bottom on a flat surface to aid alignment it's no big deal as I routinely do that anyway. If I mess up I'll have a one cavity mould.:) I already have the mould for the 480, but this one was so cheap I couldn't pass it up. Now all I need is more free time, but instead I just keep taking on more to do.

warf73
05-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Grats on the win, sounds like a good project. Hope it turn out good for ya maybe I could steal some boolits off ya once you get it completed and going :)

44man
05-31-2010, 02:47 PM
One thing you do not need is a hollow point with a .475.

Lloyd Smale
05-31-2010, 06:05 PM
sure wish lee would put that bullet in a 6 cav mold.

DLCTEX
05-31-2010, 06:20 PM
44 man: You're probably right about no need for a hollow point. I was busting rocks down at Elm Creek today. It's really a hoot to shoot the gypsum rocks as they're rather soft and the white powder really flies. I can't imagine that a hollow point will add anything.

dubber123
05-31-2010, 07:36 PM
I don't think you can HP a LEE 2 cavity. The bottom alignment pins get in the way. Good boolit though, if it casts well. It took me 3 tries to get a good one... :(

DLCTEX
05-31-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't think you can HP a LEE 2 cavity. The bottom alignment pins get in the way. Good boolit though, if it casts well. It took me 3 tries to get a good one... :(

I adressed that issue with the opening post. I may do a cavity just to prove to myself it can be done.

DLCTEX
05-31-2010, 09:47 PM

I addressed that issue with the opening post. I may do a cavity just to prove to myself it can be done.
How did I manage that? Meant to correct spelling and double posted.