PDA

View Full Version : Finally a bit of success

rhbrink
05-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Finally got to see some confetti, it really does exist. Got a hold of some lapping compound and went to work, loaded up ten special rounds for lapping screwed the first one up but managed to make the others work. I cleaned the barrel between shots and pulled out lead every time all the while shooting my standard group of about 18 to 24 inches at 50 yards. Was starting to think well just maybe I have more than met my match on this little project, starting to think about the hated condom bullets or a new barrel or rebore or something, possible boat anchor? Too short for a tomato stake already cut off 10" of barrel, maybe back to where I got this thing from ( was going to be a ditch rifle).

Got the last of the lapping rounds fired off still mining lead, no confetti, nothin' but burnt paper and lead comming out of the barrel. So I had loaded up five rounds of Unigue and five with H4350 and grits, figured what the heck might as well shoot them up little more lead ain't gonna hurt anything gettin' use to it anyway

First shot with Unique CONFETTI holy cow thats what it looks like! Shot four more nice round 2 1/2" group at 50 yards. Now I know thats thats not much for you professionals but it's about 90 MOA better than anything I have done yet with this old Russian. Next up was the grits and H4350 maybe a little tighter and about 6" higher on the target.

At least now I feel that I am on the right track and have something that I can work with. A little tweeking and adjusting with the boolit and patching just might be able to make it work.

Did stop and buy a lottery ticket on the way home!

Thanks everyone
Richard

docone31
05-27-2010, 08:26 PM
I know the feeling for sure!
Up the load, play with the diameter, upwards .0005 and see.
Do not lube your patch, and the closer to jacketed loads the better it fires.
Way to go.

303Guy
05-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Yeah! [smilie=w: