PDA

View Full Version : CZ Kadet Conversion, with pictures!

Trey45
05-27-2010, 04:25 PM
About a week ago I bought a Kadet conversion on gunbroker.com, they're expensive, but since I use my CZ P01 as a defensive carry gun a LOT, it just made good sense to have an understudy for it, that I don't have to chase brass all over and reload for, 22LR is till cheap enough to shoot a bucket full and not break the bank. As soon as I bought the conversion, I called CZUSA and ordered a PCR slide stop, this is the only way you get last shot slide hold open to work on a P01 is to use a PCR slide stop. This morning UPS drops off the conversion, USPS drops off the slide stop, after about 8 minutes of filing to fit the conversion (something the instruction manual walks you through step by step how to do it correctly and where to file) I had the conversion fit to my P01.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/SimonLegree/Kadet1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/SimonLegree/Kadet2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/SimonLegree/kadet3.jpg
Yup, I got the OD Green P01, because I'm cool like that. So anyhow, I load up the truck and hit the swamp path to my little range out there. 70 shots, 4 different kinds of ammo, not one malfunction. It keeps all shots within 7 inches at 25 yards, and I was killing soda bottles at 50 yards with it. Just a great conversion. So now instead of shooting "expensive" 9mm ammo for point shooting training and transitional training, I can shoot 22LR with basically the exact same gun, same feel, same point, same instinct. For $389 delivered to my front door it's a bit more expensive than a Ruger MK II or MK III, and might be less than the 22/45, I dunno, but this thing just kicks butt, and it fits my duty holster I carry my P01 in, so that's another bonus. In case you can't tell, I'm stoked about this Kadet Conversion. I called CZUSA this afternoon and ordered the magazine spacers to fill the gap between the magwell bottom and mag floor plate. They should be in by next friday. My little finger kept getting pinched in that gap you can see in the pictures. Now I have a real excuse to go buy a CZ 75B full size, this conversion will fit it too, and I won't need the spacers for it, or the PCR slide stop.

Buckshot
05-28-2010, 01:53 AM
...............Kewl beans :-). I've thought about getting the 22LR conversion for my Witness. It'll have to wait until I'm drawing a paycheck again>

...............Buckshot

yarro
06-19-2010, 10:19 PM
My kadet conversion on my CZ75B is a tack driver. I can hit the 4" spinner everytime at 25 yards with it. Now if my dd would just let me have it back, I won't have to buy another one.

-yarro

lefty_red
07-29-2010, 01:10 AM
I bought a 22lr conversion for my G19 and its great!

I have shot the Cadet before and its great, even better than just about any other I have shot.

Jerry

scrapcan
07-29-2010, 11:24 AM
I want one too for the springfield p9 clone of the cz75b. One fo rhte Glock 19 would be suitable also. or Heck one for the 1911 would be welcome also.