PDA

View Full Version : Frusterated

Sarg
05-26-2010, 02:10 AM
Ok .... without spending $1,000+ it doesn't seem you can get ahold of a decent set of dies anymore.

RCE told me in March that my .308 dies would be shipping out the following week, but I guess he got side tracked.

Blackmond said that he just now is shipping out orders from July 2009.

Dave Corbin is in the expensive department as well, but if he doesn't have what you want your back to the 12-18 month wait again.

All of these die makers say there are used dies "all over the place" or "everywhere" but I have failed to locate these places they speak of.

I am trying to find me a set of .308" dies with a 8S ogive or something in that neighborhood. It would just be nice to be able to pick up a set of dies without waiting a year(s). Even 90 days wouldn't be bad, but come on .... a year!

Just venting --- Sarg

richbug
05-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Ok .... without spending $1,000+ it doesn't seem you can get ahold of a decent set of dies anymore.

RCE told me in March that my .308 dies would be shipping out the following week, but I guess he got side tracked.

Dave Corbin is in the expensive department as well, but if he doesn't have what you want your back to the 12-18 month wait again.

All of these die makers say there are used dies "all over the place" or "everywhere" but I have failed to locate these places they speak of.

I am trying to find me a set of .308" dies with a 8S ogive or something in that neighborhood. It would just be nice to be able to pick up a set of dies without waiting a year(s). Even 90 days wouldn't be bad, but come on .... a year!

Just venting --- Sarg

And everyone thought Lee's group buy times were bad. Maybe a machinist will step forward like happened with the moulds.

Radio Flyer
05-26-2010, 11:52 AM

Just venting --- Sarg

All of us here have had the same problems from the early 80's or earlier, my first set was ordered in 1980, I received my order in 1982 (ten months). I still have that press from that order.

You would think that when they get to .308 and .224 they would make a lot of extras but I think they make an extra 3 or 4 sets, so when they have something in stock get it...

It would be nice to see a large maker take up swaging dies, but I am not holding my breath.