PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 Magma Bullet Master/heating element ?

Pertsev
05-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Hello All !
Does anyone have experience with early model (1972)Magma MK2 Bullet Master ?
Have one that needs a new lead pot.The element burned out the pot will not heat up. The machine functions as it should except for the pot.
The pot is no longer manufactured.Would it be possible to put a new heating element in it?

deltaenterprizes
05-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Yes, I have done it many times, I had 3 Magma machines.

casterofboolits
05-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Does your pot have the band heater or the 5/8" dia heater elements"

Either can be ordered from Magma. I have three of the Magma pots that take the 5/8" elements and they need replacing on a regular basis.

Note: My pots take two of the 5/8" elements.

angus6
05-28-2010, 05:42 AM
Grainger , if I remember right they are 750w cartridge heaters , someone might correct me on the wattage

deltaenterprizes
05-28-2010, 09:06 AM
That is right four 1/2'' 750 watt cartridge heaters. 2 connected in parallel for each side of the pot. They can be tough to remove and be careful not to pierce the pot .
Remove the knockout in the front of the pot and use a 7/16'' steel rod to tap them to the back of the pot.

Did you check the old ones with a Ohm meter to see if they are bad? I have never seen all 4 go out at once.

Where are you located?

Pertsev
06-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Sorry for delay in responding,had to go out of town on moment's notice.Thanks for the info fellows ! Checked the element and it is bad. This pot has the exposed heating element. Found replacement element from McMaster carr. Need to bend it to fit.
Would like to replace the pot w/ a new one. Magma said this is probably not possible,the old style is not even close to what the produce now. The fiber divider in the pot brooke,what is a good replacement ?