PDA

View Full Version : price check on a rcbs uniflow

izzyjoe
05-25-2010, 06:48 PM
a co-worker of mine has a rcbs uniflow powdr measure that he want's to sell or trade, it's in good cond. only has one powder drum. not sure which one, and it has the stand with it. i've priced a new one, so i have an ideal what they go for. just wondering what ya'll thought was a fair price. i have a lee perfect measure and i'm pretty happy with it. i think it'd be nice to have another,or just more convenient.

izzyjoe
05-29-2010, 07:36 PM
guess nobodys gona reply, so i bought it anyway for $20. i've used my lee perfect mesure for a while, but boy this is thing is awsome it's like going from single shot to an semi-auto. wow just feals 10x better. i guess i'm movin' up in the world, next is thing is a better scale. maybe a 10-10.8-)

yancey
05-29-2010, 08:45 PM
great find izzyjoe. I have always liked the uniflow powder measure.
( you did great)

Rockchucker
05-30-2010, 04:07 PM
I have one also but don't use it very much. It's a fine piece of equipment that should last you for about ever. I do have alittle touble using Varget thru though, seems to be bridging while loading 223's. I'll work that problem out later. I do most of my loading with a Dillon 550b and don't get much time loading rifles on the single stage setup.

buck1
05-30-2010, 05:45 PM
$35-$40 used.

cheese1566
05-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Very good steal!

izzyjoe
05-30-2010, 11:01 PM
i do have a ? i was going to take it apart to clean it, and could'nt figure it out. i unscrewed the jam nut that holds the powder adjustment screw, but it would'nt come out. so i just blew it out with air. i read in midway cat. it comes in two diff. size cylinders don,t know which one i have. something like .5-50gr. and .5-110gr. anyway 50gr. is more than i'll ever need. and how's the easiet way to change powder, other than just workin' the handle till empty. the lee i have is neat cause you can turn the hopper and dump the powder back in the can. makes it fast to change powder, oh well i guess it's give and take.

Le Loup Solitaire
05-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Hi, At $20 it was a real deal steal. Its a solid measure that does a good job and will last you a long time. Making a baffle for it out of some thick alu foil will improve the accuracy of it; a circular piece with a hole in the center and then bent into a 45degree angle is all that it takes. Whenever you take the measure down for any cleaning recoat/lube the inner moving parts with powdered graphite and that will keep it smooth. Never leave any powder in it and if the plastic hopper starts to darken you can always get a replacement from RCBS. LLS